Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Gas Cylinder Transport Caddy

Thanks

bobs409's Tools

Gas Cylinder Transport Caddy

Gas cylinder Transport Caddy (took a while to think up what to call it!)

When needing a refill of C25 or a tank swap of argon, I prefer to lay the cylinder down in my truck rather than stand it up since it's a short drive for me. (laying it down is perfectly acceptable for welding gas but NOT for all gases; propane for example should always be standing up)

When doing so, now you have to keep the cylinder from rolling so instead of propping spare tires and blocks against it which never seem to work anyway, I created this holder that the tank sits in. (this one fits an 80# cylinder)

Made from 1 x 1/8" steel flat bar and 1 x 1/8" angle. I have added anti skid tape to the bottom and the curved areas to keep everything from sliding.

I know I'll get a lot of use from this and will probably wish I made it a long time ago. lol

As far as I can find, I don't think there is anything available on the market like this and am considering making a few to sell on ebay.

Tip: With a few screw holes, this could also be used for storing a tank against a wall but I have no need for that so did not drill any holes in this one.

Gas Cylinder Transport Caddy-dscn3503.jpgGas Cylinder Transport Caddy-dscn3502.jpgGas Cylinder Transport Caddy-dscn3505.jpgGas Cylinder Transport Caddy-dscn3504.jpg

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bobs409 For This Useful Post:

baja (Jan 22, 2020), Jon (Jan 23, 2020), Scotsman Hosie (Jan 26, 2020), sossol (Jan 21, 2020)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,653 Posts

Thanks bobs409! We've added your Gas Cylinder Caddy to our Storage and Organization category,
    as well as to your builder page: bobs409's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DIYer For This Useful Post:

bobs409 (Jan 20, 2020), metal2 (Jan 20, 2020), Texf1 (Jan 24, 2020)

Thread Information