Yea either play her a song or take her to dinner, and she'll forget all about that old green towel, LOL
Hello Christophe, Doug I had a feeling you would be chiming in on this one. Yes I have decided to level my Fender acoustic fret board as some of the frets are in need of
crowning so I have been buying lathier tools to do the job wish me good luck...I will be starting on a old tree trunk from yesteryear to get some practice first .
I'm sure you will success, just take care of a few things,
- don't forget that with string tension removed, the neck is "normally' back bowed
- don't try to absolutely flatten it with truss rod tension
- Do not force, if you feel some difficulty loosening the truss rod nut.
- Do that only if you know how to set up the truss rod tensioned
- You can however, if you don't want to play with the truss rod setup, check for uneven frets , using a 'rocking tool' (look at stew Mac, but do it yourself)
- When crowning, paint the top with a sharpy and be sure you always leave a thin line on top when filing
- take care that your file is smooth or protected on the side, not to hurt the rosewood.
about leveling, have a look at this site, no special tools used, and good method
Good luck, but I'm confident !
Last edited by Christophe Mineau; Apr 16, 2018 at 12:25 AM.
Christophe Mineau (Apr 17, 2018)
Captainleeward (Apr 17, 2018)
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)