Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Handee Clamp Tool Made in the USA

Hybrid View

Thanks

Handee Clamp Tool Made in the USA

My son and I have been selling this tool for the last year on Amazon and eBay. We are currently looking for a few retailers. Visit www.handeeclamp.com to learn more about our tool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Handee Clamp Tool Made in the USA-100_4029.jpg  

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rimshot9 For This Useful Post:

Toolmaker51 (May 10, 2017)

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,033 Times in 11,404 Posts
    Hi rimshot9 - welcome to HomemadeTools.net

Interesting! Feel free to add a link to your site in your forum signature.

How did the tool design and manufacturing process go? Any words of advice for people on this site who might be considering producing a commercial version of a homemade tool?

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Thanked 1,550 Times in 466 Posts

olderdan's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Hi rimshot9 - welcome to HomemadeTools.net

Interesting! Feel free to add a link to your site in your forum signature.

How did the tool design and manufacturing process go? Any words of advice for people on this site who might be considering producing a commercial version of a homemade tool?
    Whilst not wanting this kind of advertising to escalate I dont have a problem with this one, in fact I think posting something so simple to make like this on a site dedicated to people making things for themselves may have been a bit of an own goal, I like the idea so I will make one for myself.

Thanks
    I think this is a blatant disregard of the spirit of this site! Your post includes zero information on what the actual product is and just links to a commercial site. This is just a lazy commercial post that was probably repeated on many forums in a copy & paste manner. I'm sorry but this contributes nothing to the community and is a perfect example of the antithesis of this site...

Thanks

brianhw's Tools
    Well said, DragonHawk, This sort of thing must not be tolerated.

Jon
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Disagreed. I like having small tool inventors post here, and often email them to invite them to this forum. Although somewhat commercial, it's a far cry from spam. While there is mention of Handee Clamp on other forums, I don't see this post copy-pasted anywhere else.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Al8236's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Disagreed. I like having small tool inventors post here, and often email them to invite them to this forum. Although somewhat commercial, it's a far cry from spam. While there is mention of Handee Clamp on other forums, I don't see this post copy-pasted anywhere else.
    Actually he is not the inventor he just purchased the rights to manufacturing.
    I had to go look up the original post where he answered my questions about it here. http://www.homemadetools.net/forum/handy-clamp-tool-$12-00-a-29486 I have had one of these in my tool box since the 70's or early 80's
    Last edited by Al8236; May 11, 2017 at 02:36 PM. Reason: look up old post
    From the time you're born till' you ride in a hearse, there's nothing so bad it couldn't be worse!

Jon
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Ah, OK, thanks, my error. Who did invent it? Is it patented?

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    It may be an example of shameless commercial exploitation, but what the hey? It's kind of a cool idea, and if we can help a small, mom & pop type manufacturer off to a good start, lets do it. It might create some jobs in this country, and put some money into our domestic economy. Because, America, right?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pa1963 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I'm sorry if anyone is offended by my thread. I could have explained everything about the tool here but it is so much better explained on our web-site {which my son made}. I'm not much good at the pr stuff like my son. I just put the tools together and ship them. The tool was invented by a local farmer years ago. We bought the existing inventory and dies. After years of sitting in cardboard boxes each tool is cleaned, inspected, and either passes or fails as far as being in good condition. We are also experimenting with powder coating. We have the EAA on board and are closing in on a couple other tool companies. Still looking for a few small town retailers. In the mean time Amazon, eBay, and swap meets keep me busy. It's a great little tool made in the USA with American materials and hands. The internet can sometimes be a great thing. Call it what you want---if anyone feels I've disrespected this site you can delete it. Thank You

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rimshot9 For This Useful Post:

Thread Information