Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Handee Clamp Tool Made in the USA

Thanks

Handee Clamp Tool Made in the USA

My son and I have been selling this tool for the last year on Amazon and eBay. We are currently looking for a few retailers. Visit www.handeeclamp.com to learn more about our tool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Handee Clamp Tool Made in the USA-100_4029.jpg  

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rimshot9 For This Useful Post:

Toolmaker51 (May 10, 2017)

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,886 Times in 11,348 Posts
    Hi rimshot9 - welcome to HomemadeTools.net

Interesting! Feel free to add a link to your site in your forum signature.

How did the tool design and manufacturing process go? Any words of advice for people on this site who might be considering producing a commercial version of a homemade tool?

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    I think this is a blatant disregard of the spirit of this site! Your post includes zero information on what the actual product is and just links to a commercial site. This is just a lazy commercial post that was probably repeated on many forums in a copy & paste manner. I'm sorry but this contributes nothing to the community and is a perfect example of the antithesis of this site...

Thanks

brianhw's Tools
    Well said, DragonHawk, This sort of thing must not be tolerated.

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,886 Times in 11,348 Posts
    Disagreed. I like having small tool inventors post here, and often email them to invite them to this forum. Although somewhat commercial, it's a far cry from spam. While there is mention of Handee Clamp on other forums, I don't see this post copy-pasted anywhere else.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    It may be an example of shameless commercial exploitation, but what the hey? It's kind of a cool idea, and if we can help a small, mom & pop type manufacturer off to a good start, lets do it. It might create some jobs in this country, and put some money into our domestic economy. Because, America, right?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pa1963 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,400 Times in 2,119 Posts

mklotz's Tools
    I'm not upset with his posting here but does he realize that there are many in this community who are simply going to build their own version and not spend the $25 or so to buy his?
    ---
    Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware
    https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mklotz For This Useful Post:

Christophe Mineau (May 10, 2017), Toolmaker51 (May 10, 2017)

Thanks

C-Bag's Tools
    As a small manufacturer/inventor I'm somewhat torn. I can see both sides and of course I'm a big proponent of "made here, and not by a faceless corporation", but there has been an ad for the Handee clamp in the classifieds here for over a year now. So this "intro" is a bit odd. Early on it was pointed out to me it was better to not toot your horn, but have users do it, and I've stuck with that as word of mouth is the best advertising. But HMT to me seems an odd place to be showing a tool as I thought we were more about DIY that BIA(buy it at Amazon). Just my conflicted 2c.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C-Bag For This Useful Post:

Christophe Mineau (May 10, 2017), that_other_guy (May 22, 2021)

Thanks
    I'm sorry if anyone is offended by my thread. I could have explained everything about the tool here but it is so much better explained on our web-site {which my son made}. I'm not much good at the pr stuff like my son. I just put the tools together and ship them. The tool was invented by a local farmer years ago. We bought the existing inventory and dies. After years of sitting in cardboard boxes each tool is cleaned, inspected, and either passes or fails as far as being in good condition. We are also experimenting with powder coating. We have the EAA on board and are closing in on a couple other tool companies. Still looking for a few small town retailers. In the mean time Amazon, eBay, and swap meets keep me busy. It's a great little tool made in the USA with American materials and hands. The internet can sometimes be a great thing. Call it what you want---if anyone feels I've disrespected this site you can delete it. Thank You

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rimshot9 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I had posted a thread about this tool a year or so ago. But I had forgot my handle and pass-word. So I started a new one. As far as someone making one --perhaps. I'm sure someone will but as some of you know things are not as simple as one might think. So once again thanks for your time. I'll probably end my conversation with that. take care.

Thread Information