Free 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Become a founding member: 500+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Help! Anybody know what this is?

  1. #1
    Supporting Member Toolmaker51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Midwest USA
    Thanked 1,973 Times in 1,208 Posts

    Toolmaker51's Tools

    Help! Anybody know what this is?

    Help! Anybody know what this is?-clamp.jpg
    This sample casting, I want to use leveling a pair of jumbo outboard supports.
    The ID is 2.00", star shaped nut threads on tube. Inside clamp, two thin leather strips grip when wingnuts are tightened.

    But I haven't a clue what industry or trades use these, or what they're called. Tried scaffold clamp, shoring jack, adjustable * jack, cast clamp and nut...
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

  2. #2
    Supporting Member jonnydot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Thanked 26 Times in 12 Posts
    I'm thinking it is an industrial hose clamp ? Perhaps hydraulic ? Maybe a form of a Hammer union?

    Post your reply!
    Join 42,532 of us and get 500+ tool plans, tool eBooks, build guides, and much more.

    eBooks for Supporters
    Last edited by jonnydot; 05-15-2019 at 06:53 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts