Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Here I am For the first time!

Thanks

Here I am For the first time!

This is my first post to anything! I am an old shade tree mechanic and computers just ain't my specialty, but if I could run this thing with tools, it would be a snap. Well this is just about the best site I found since they invented hot & cold running towels! This site has everything a handy man or lady needs.Well, now alittle about me. I can tell you that my interests run a very wide range of things. I love everything from Blacksmithing, Old time carpentry, vintage gas engines, vintage tractors, Rat Rods of all kinds, and the list goes on...I live in the mountains of Virginia, but I also like to visit the Ocean ( nags Head ) when I can.I am planing on trying to retire next year ( Be 65 then ) and if that happens maybe I will have the time to really run with my hobbies! Well guess thats all for now, not sure if this was a proper introduction ( maybe I should have read some of youalls before I posted! ) but will look forward to receiving emails and ideas from this great forum! See ya later, The Luth

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,098 Times in 11,422 Posts
    Hi The Luth - welcome to HomemadeTools.net

Blacksmithing, rat rods, vintage engines and tractors; yup, you'll fit in well here

What are your retirement plans? Got your shop all built yet?

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Hey Jon, A little late getting back at ya, but like I say work sure does get in the way of our hobbies and at this time it pays better! Retirement plans are to build an old time Blacksmith shop with an old time carpenter shop connected. Nothing big, maybe 14 by 20 each shop. Thats plenty big for me to work myself to death, but man, what a way to go! Also will have more time for family and gardening and one hundred other things I'm interested in and Oh yeah I almost forgot about the house is falling down around our ears, should probably take care of that pretty soon after or my kids Mom and grand-kids grandma will make me sleep out in the shop. Sure glad I got plenty of wood, It's get mighty cold out there in the winter! Yea, about the Rat Rods, They are only in the mind state, but may like to maybe weld one today someday if I come across a Rusty old worn out dilapidated body( I already have one of them but you can't put wheels on me! ). I already got an engine, a Ford 429 retrieved from a pond, has a great seaweed look about it, but who cares if it runs, Right! Did I say it runs, Not yet, In my mind, Yes! Well take care and thanks for the welcome, See ya!

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,098 Times in 11,422 Posts
    If the 429 cleans up OK, it would make an excellent powerplant for a rat rod.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information