Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HFT Belt Sander Handle fix

Thanks

C-Bag's Tools
    man, I wish I was as organized as you guys. Most I can keep track of is those little pocket note pads.

+1 on the Staedler mech pencil PJs. That's one of many markers in my shop apron and is my goto pencil, especially because of the retracting lead. I'm always leaning over or hoisting something and breaking my regular pencils in my chest pouch. I'd also inherited when my son the artist went digital his old sketching tools and the best among them is the eraser Prismacolor Magic Rub Vinyl Erasers Beige Pack Of 3 by Office Depot & OfficeMax

Far superior to erasers on pencil ends. Even fixed up the old twirly gig sharpener for the pencil. Old school for sure but works good.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C-Bag For This Useful Post:

Paul Jones (Dec 6, 2016), PJs (Dec 4, 2016), Toolmaker51 (Dec 5, 2016)

PJs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 718 Posts

PJs's Tools
    Thanks C-Bag! I hear you about the note pad. Mine falls out into my work from my shop coat, always at an inconvenient time...needs a clip I think.

Mechanical pencils are near and dear to me because its where I started from and like you say they are robust and retractable, And last a long time. As for sharpeners my favorite is an old Koh-I-Noor lead pointer #3. Still have at least one desk unit (K&E or Dietzgen?) also, and an old rotary eraser...somewhere. I'm with you on the vinyl erasers but prefer the Staedtler/mars Plastic erasers

The other handy drafting thing in shop is a tear off sanding pad. Use them for lots of stuff including re-pointing my compass leads. Actually they are easy to make from stir stick using 220 grit.

Overall I think drafting supplies are great in the shop for a myriad of uses and with a sketch/idea book they can lay a good foundation all at a reasonable price toward the preservation of ideas and builds.

Thanks to all for sending this down a great tool tip path. ~PJ

2000 Tool Plans
    ‘‘Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.’’
    Mark Twain

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PJs For This Useful Post:

C-Bag (Dec 4, 2016), Paul Jones (Dec 6, 2016), Toolmaker51 (Dec 5, 2016)

Thread Information