Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Hi from Dr Stan

Banned
    Supporting Member

Thanks

Hi from Dr Stan

Mostly post on a different forum, but am thinking of becoming more active here.

Started machining in the US Navy in 1973. Over the years have expanded my skill set to include arc welding, oxy/fuel welding, MIG, and TIG. Also have gained casting and forging experience. Am a reasonably good carpenter, industrial and automotive mechanic and a 2 wire electrician.

Have a 24 X 48 shop in the back yard I built with the exception of the concrete pad (just too big for one person). It has stick, oxy/fuel, TIG, and MIG welders along with a Logan 14 X 30 lathe (one of their last ones), a Fray vertical mill, a 6 X 12 Harig surface grinder, a 9' planner in need of restoration, Guyson sandblaster, drill press, and a whole host of bench & hand held power tools.

Also have a 1966 Plymouth Satellite convertible with a 383 HO waiting on me.

On edit: A Champion 120 gallon two stage 10hp compressor (purchased for scrap value).

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by Dr Stan; Apr 20, 2015 at 11:06 AM. Reason: forgot

Thanks
    Hi Stan,

Welcome - glad to have you here!

Sounds as though you've got quite a workshop there; very nice!

If you have any photos of your work to share, we'd love to see them.

What's the plan for that '66 Plymouth?

Ken

2000 Tool Plans

Banned
    Supporting Member

Thanks
    The '66 will receive a full restoration. I'd say frame off, but it's of unibody construction.

Pics will come at some point. I have a new design for a wheelbarrow frame I'd contemplating.

Thanks
    "Full restoration" sounds good to me! Concours quality - down to chalk marks on the undercarriage and the correct plating on hardware, etc.? Can't wait to see it.

I'm definitely intrigued by the thought of a new wheelbarrow design. Build a better mousetrap, etc.

Ken

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,858 Times in 1,658 Posts
    Hello Dr. Stan, welcome to the forums! Looks like you've got a fine home shop.

Banned
    Supporting Member

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kbalch View Post
    "Full restoration" sounds good to me! Concours quality - down to chalk marks on the undercarriage and the correct plating on hardware, etc.? Can't wait to see it.

I'm definitely intrigued by the thought of a new wheelbarrow design. Build a better mousetrap, etc.

Ken
    I won't be going for Concours quality, but more like as built at the factory. Mainly I want a nice weekend cruiser that will blow the doors off these tuners by just opening up the exhaust cut-outs.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Stan View Post
    I won't be going for Concours quality, but more like as built at the factory. Mainly I want a nice weekend cruiser that will blow the doors off these tuners by just opening up the exhaust cut-outs.
    Very cool. In a way, that's even nicer than Concours since you can drive it without worrying about every unavoidable ding. Let's see those project pics…

Ken

Banned
    Supporting Member

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kbalch View Post
    Very cool. In a way, that's even nicer than Concours since you can drive it without worrying about every unavoidable ding. Let's see those project pics…

Ken
    Pics will come, someday.

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,858 Times in 1,658 Posts
    Uh oh, hope someday isn't too far into the future! Build pics are where you see the love that went into a project.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information