Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Hi from the Ozarks

Thanks

Hi from the Ozarks

Hey Y'all,
    Had no idea this forum existed,WOW! I'm sure going to enjoy looking through it.
    Being retired allows time to "tinker" more so keeping pretty busy(and out from under the wife's feet LOL).The shop is taking up about half our two car garage(and sometimes all of it).Still seems small sometimes.A good many of the tools are"homemade" like, bandsaw,thickness sander,3D pantograph dremel tool,hot wire foam cutter,hill billy milling machine attachment for the worlds oldest metal lathe and a waste oil fired foundry furnace. Pretty sure I'm missing some stuff (comes with age) but anyway enough toys to keep me busy.
    Hobbys include,wood working, metal casting,stained glass fabrication and"honey do" jobs around the house.
    Glad to be here....
    Don

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    Hi Don,

Welcome!

Sounds as though you've amassed quite a collection of homemade tools. We'd definitely love to see them.

If you'd like to share any of your work, just post each tool in the Homemade Tools subforum. We'll add them to the database, as well as to your builder page on the site.

Glad to have you aboard.

Ken

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Thanks for the welcome Ken,
    I'll try to get some pictures ready but must warn you they aren't pretty. When building(and not knowing if they would work) I didn't worry about appearance and after tweeking,just used them as they were.
    Don

Thanks
    I hear you. Not to worry, we'll pick the best one for each entry and it'll be just fine. I think everyone can understand the photographic challenges presented by in-progress workshop images.

Ken

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information