Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Hitchrific adjustable trailer hitch - GIF

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,847 Times in 11,339 Posts

Hitchrific adjustable trailer hitch - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

baja (Jan 29, 2019), KustomsbyKent (Jan 31, 2019), oldcaptainrusty (Jan 29, 2019), Scotty1 (Jan 28, 2019), Seedtick (Jan 28, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    No thanks, 1 of my trailers weighs 5000 lbs empty and a tongue weight of a 1000 lbs before a single pound of cargo is loaded on it.
    The day I need some contraption with a dozen extra parts to hook up 1 of my trailers is the day I stop pulling them.

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

PJs (Jan 29, 2019)

PJs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 718 Posts

PJs's Tools
    Look a bit fragile to me with that strap winder, and would hate to have to crank up one of Franks 1k tongue weight Trailers horizontally. Hitting a tongue on a trailer isn't that bad especially for $400.
    ‘‘Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.’’
    Mark Twain

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    Not for me. Also takes away driver ability & today many have reversing cameras (not my old bus). I have had many d shackles stolen or removed by kids as well as r clips. what if a driver forgot to replace one or more.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by ranald View Post
    Not for me. Also takes away driver ability & today many have reversing cameras (not my old bus). I have had many d shackles stolen or removed by kids as well as r clips. what if a driver forgot to replace one or more.
    Got to agree with you mate. A lot of the time when I park 1 of my trailers I do so in a semi jack knifed position especially if I am parking in somewhere where I am going to have to disconnect and leve it parked there while I go somewhere else. So when ever I can I will seek out a place to park and leave th trailer that makes it impossible to back up to it straight on then hook up and drive off. This makes it more difficult for the average thief to hook up and steal it.
    I find my self doing the same thing here on the farm where I have all the room in the world and a less than 1 in 10 million that someone would come on the property to steel one of them. I park them that way because it also makes it easier for me to reconnect to them I can look out my side mirror and tell within less than a 1/4 of an inch of where I am in relationship to the coupler and the ball by watching an imaginary point on the tongue

Missing or stolen shackles yeah been there too many times I always carry spares and when out on trip every time we stop and are out of sight of the rig the first thing I always do is a walk around checking lights tires bindings chains and straps if loaded then the safety chains and coupler and even under the hood if we have been on the road for a long period of time on a longer trip. If anything is amiss right then and there is the time to tend ot it not after we are back on the road away from facilities
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    We used to only have to worry about thieves and mischief makers and today its scammers in our homes or vehicles.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information