Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Home made Lathe Update #2

Thanks

Claudio HG's Tools

Home made Lathe Update #2

DIY metal lathe series – Update #2. I show a tool I've made to conform the lower side of the ways of the lathe with the upper side. While the ways have been made flat after several stages, the lower side was not yet ready. I've made the upper sides of the ways flat with a tolerance of +/- 0.01 millimeter, along the whole length of the ways (860 millimeter). The lower side however was not yet made flat and should conform to, in other words should follow, the upper side. So I've made this tool to perform this job. The lower side is less important than the upper side as it has the function to keep in place the carriage and to reduce the vibrations when the lathe is used to mill parts.
    This tool is used to make a gross removal of material, while the fine work will be performed with the aid of a stripe of emery paper glued on the retainer of the slide.
    In this update I also mention the boards that I've designed to build the motor drivers. Since these boards are not yet fully assembled I just make an anticipation, while more details will be shown in a future update.

Liknk to the video:

Watch my last update for more details about the ways or just check out my previous videos.

Greetings.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Claudio HG For This Useful Post:

asterix (Dec 17, 2020), Jon (Dec 16, 2020), Moby Duck (Dec 21, 2020)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,653 Posts

Thanks Claudio HG! We've added your Lathe Way Squaring Tool to our Lathes category,
    as well as to your builder page: Claudio HG's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information