Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Homemade Cutting Torch Guide Tool

Thanks

Homemade Cutting Torch Guide Tool

Homemade Cutting Torch Guide Tool-100_0714.jpgHomemade Cutting Torch Guide Tool-100_0720.jpgAttachment 1100Attachment 1097Homemade Cutting Torch Guide Tool-100_0848.jpgAttachment 1099 Hello, I would like to show you my homemade tool, the Torchtec Cutting Torch Guide. What started out as a class project at the local community college in the machine shop class became a small business. As a retired millwright I knew there was a need for a tool that could help people cut steel plate using Oxyacetylene or Plasma cutting torches that duplicated the precision of a track burner but, can fit in your hand. It starting with a 90 deg. Oxy cutting guide and evolved to include first a Oxy Bevel attachment, then a Plasma attachment. Can be seen and purchased at Torchtec Website,

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by Torchtecguy; Dec 10, 2017 at 06:53 AM.

Thanks
    Hi Torchtecguy,

Welcome!

Very nice job on the cutting torch guide. We're looking forward to seeing more of your homemade tools. When you're ready to share, please post them directly in the Homemade Tools subforum. We'll add each one to the database, as well as to your builder page on the site.

Non-tool items should be shared in the Not a Tool, but Homemade subforum.

Due to the commercial nature of this particular tool, your other post mentioning it has been moved to the Classifieds subforum.

Ken

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    It ideas like this that stimulate others to think of uses they never would have thought of or solution to current problems they have, Did you melt the aluminum pieces you have pictures and cast them.
    I'm starting to get into green sand casting and this looks like a great project. Pecos Kid!

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information