Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Homemade pickup truck sliding floor - video

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,850 Times in 11,341 Posts

Homemade pickup truck sliding floor - video

Homemade pickup truck sliding floor by PF create. 19:01 video:

Previously:

Walking/moving trailer floor - GIF and video

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

Marine2171 (Sep 24, 2019), Miloslav (Nov 28, 2019), Rangi (Sep 24, 2019), rlm98253 (Sep 24, 2019), Scotty12 (Sep 24, 2019), Slim-123 (Sep 24, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    That's not a pickup it is a SUV with a birth defect

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

baja (Sep 25, 2019), Beserkleyboy (Sep 24, 2019)

Thanks
    Kind of like a cleft lip!

Thanks

Beserkleyboy's Tools
    Haha...Frank, it's a Mitsubishi (Bitsa****ty) Triton double cab 'Ute'...probably with a 2.5 ltr TD. The double cab ute is, like your F150, in the rest of the world, the most popular body style sold, as it affords utility with potential family comfort. Mazda BT 50, Toyota Hi-Lux, Ford Ranger (not your Ranger...), Isuzu D Max, Nissan Navara, VW Amerock are the big sellers. Generally all available with 4cyl TD, some with inline 5cyl TD (Ford/Mazda), and some V6 TD. Usually 5-8 spd Autos, 4WD, LSD/traction control, ABS, AC, SatNav etc etc...more popular than mid to large SUVs.
    That said, he's done a great job...
    I'm fitting sliding drawers to the front tunnel boot of the caravan and to the cargo area of my Nissan Pathfinder TI550, sorta like a poor man's Land Cruiser...3 ltr V6 TD, 7spd auto, 4wd and as many options as Nissan had, full stop, in 2011...goes like a V8 empty, a wee bit slower with the 2.5tonne van behind...cheers...
    Jim & Sue & Bentley (the dog) out for 6 weeks touring Queensland AUS

Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Beserkleyboy View Post
    Haha...Frank, it's a Mitsubishi (Bitsa****ty) Triton double cab 'Ute'...probably with a 2.5 ltr TD. The double cab ute is, like your F150, in the rest of the world, the most popular body style sold, as it affords utility with potential family comfort. Mazda BT 50, Toyota Hi-Lux, Ford Ranger (not your Ranger...), Isuzu D Max, Nissan Navara, VW Amerock are the big sellers. Generally all available with 4cyl TD, some with inline 5cyl TD (Ford/Mazda), and some V6 TD. Usually 5-8 spd Autos, 4WD, LSD/traction control, ABS, AC, SatNav etc etc...more popular than mid to large SUVs.
    That said, he's done a great job...
    I'm fitting sliding drawers to the front tunnel boot of the caravan and to the cargo area of my Nissan Pathfinder TI550, sorta like a poor man's Land Cruiser...3 ltr V6 TD, 7spd auto, 4wd and as many options as Nissan had, full stop, in 2011...goes like a V8 empty, a wee bit slower with the 2.5tonne van behind...cheers...
    Jim & Sue & Bentley (the dog) out for 6 weeks touring Queensland AUS
    Yeah we had a cargo container ship full of those micro pickups in the Middle East, shove 6 or 8 workers in the cab and try to haul 6 meter long crap with them while only having a 1.4 meter long bed powered by a rubber band1.6 or 1.8 ltr engine. The company went through 10 to 20 of them a year I finally talked them into buying 2 18 passenger Toyota busses and a 48 passenger buss plus 2 Toyota diesel 3 tone half lorries with 4 meter beds, suddenly the micro crew cab pickups were lasting 3 to 4 years. Life was good as long as I had my 1998 class III hardened Mitsubishi Pajero with a 2003 3.5 ltr with twin turbo 300 hp,V6, 4 wheel drive with a 3 sp aux mounted between the engine and 4sp auto trans with2 sp transfer case running on 285/85 16" 12 ply tires to run back and forth between Kuwait and Baghdad Iraq.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thread Information