Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Hot rod semi - photo and video

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

Ralphxyz (Aug 28, 2021)

Thanks
    wow great work .. drive them while u can on the streets and highways, after Cash f Clunkers 2 gets passed they will be classified as Gross Polluters,and have to meet current diesel emission standards..after Cash f Clunkers 3 gets passed engines will have to be seized, ruined ,destroyed,,put beyond use..then your vehicles will be static works of art..

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    [QUOTE=madokie;187177]wow great work .. drive them while u can on the streets and highways, after Cash f Clunkers 2 gets passed they will be classified as Gross Polluters,and have to meet current diesel emission standards..after Cash f Clunkers 3 gets passed engines will have to be seized, ruined ,destroyed,,put beyond use..then your vehicles will be static works of art..[/QUO

I is sad to have such a thought. The old toys will be around for a long time. You must be someone with a California brain fart.
    I think the NHRA would jump all over that and there is more money there just like The NRA. They are the ones to write in better laws. This is a man toy not an every day driver. If he uses 50 gallons of fuel a year it would surprise me. We all have our toys, you need to get a life.

Clunker, I do not see any kind of clunker there.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ncollar For This Useful Post:

yvonf (Aug 29, 2021)

Thanks
    old toys will be around they just wont have a working engine(giant expensive lawn ornament)...Kalifornia is now going after loud exhaust with a 1105$ fine,and scanning all vehicles with OBD to see if any mods have been done,,,and colorado has ended antique tags for cars 1977 or newer..the NHRA and other forms of vehicle racing are slowly dissapearing,, its SEMA that has a full time lobbyist trying to stop anti- Hot Rod laws,the EPA tried to stop people from taking junkyard vehicle and turning them into race cars because they might have some emission control equipment removed!!the Republicans are still tying to get the RPM act passed.and now the EPA is raiding auto shops that do "tuning" and mods,,. money is not the solution, people support their "Rights" and vote for them at the polls or watch them disappear,,instead of sticking their head in the sand saying the dont see anything here..one persons custom car ,hot rod ,rat rod,low rider, jacked up 4x4,antique,classic, or old performance vehicle is another persons Gross Polluter or Clunker..some peoples "toys" may be illegal soon..
    Last edited by madokie; Aug 28, 2021 at 07:57 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    For those of you who are wondering what the RPM act is this will explain it
    https://www.sema.org/epa-news

And yes some states have began adopting the no mod rule. I have a good friend in Oklahoma who is a tuner. He can tune just about any vehicle with the OBDII port to get sometimes double the horse power at the same time double the fuel mileage without compromising the emissions level often times improving the emissions.
    But he can also go the other way and turn suburban sally's family 2 ltr taxi into a tire shredding 1/8 mile contender.
    His main worries are his talents are fast becoming a target of the knot heads in DC.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thread Information