Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: How to actually grind angles 15°, 30° and 45°

Thanks

shopandmath's Tools

How to actually grind angles 15°, 30° and 45°

How to actually grind angles 15°, 30° and 45°
    In this video I'm going to demonstrate how to set up to grind 15° 30° and 45° on angled parallels
    in this setup I will be using two different methods for the 45° and 30° I will be using a sine bar and angle plate
    on the 15° I will be using a vice and a sine bar because the angle is extremely small and would be very difficult to clamp using a sign plate
    I will also demonstrate how to calculate 15° 30° and 45° setups using a 5 inch sine bar and Gage blocks

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shopandmath For This Useful Post:

57_210 (Feb 27, 2024), Altair (Feb 24, 2024), Inner (Feb 24, 2024), nova_robotics (Feb 24, 2024), Ralphxyz (Feb 24, 2024)

Thanks

Ralphxyz's Tools
    It would have been clearer to see what you were doing, to use a rectangle piece not a previously ground piece already with the angle.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

metric_taper's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralphxyz View Post
    It would have been clearer to see what you were doing, to use a rectangle piece not a previously ground piece already with the angle.
    Yes, also I want to see how you get the right angle so that's perfect before grinding the hypotenuse. I know that I would use a precision grinding vise, with a precision square to set the work piece opposite side of the triangle, once I had the adjacent side ground. But seeing that shown, and a few methods of getting there is the info I would like. There's many fixturing tricks used, and that's the sort of knowledge I need. I trust my 1-2-3 block, but here it would be too thick to use to make the square angle, give the thickness of his material stock.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information