Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: How to Make DIY Front Suspension & Gearbox with Creality Falcon2 Laser | Creative Pro

Thanks

AB-SHOP's Tools

How to Make DIY Front Suspension & Gearbox with Creality Falcon2 Laser | Creative Pro

Hi everyone,
    It will probably feel like going back to driving school... in fact the idea comes from there, after seeing the model to explain the differential of a car in the window of a driving school... and here are 3D drawings, lasers and assembly!
    I had fun building something mechanical with an engraver, a 3+1 gearbox with reverse would also be nice in the future!!

Alberto

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AB-SHOP For This Useful Post:

nova_robotics (Oct 12, 2023), tonyfoale (Oct 16, 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,650 Times in 710 Posts

tonyfoale's Tools
    How many passes did it take to cut through that material? What was the feed speed? Have you tried forced air blast to reduce the charring?

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

AB-SHOP's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyfoale View Post
    How many passes did it take to cut through that material? What was the feed speed? Have you tried forced air blast to reduce the charring?
    Hi Tony, i made 3 passes for every part to be cut, the thickness was 10 ( mm), but 8 (mm) was enough for sure: i used 175 mm/ Min of velocity and 98% of power, do not switch to 100 % of Power, never, or the life of the laser lenght will rolling down very fast, increase the number of passes and your laser will run for a long time.

I used yes the air assist, at 80% of the power but you know the wood Is not as homogeneous like steeel or other so in some parts no smoke, in some other you can see small black smoke, in particular when you are at High power level!

I spent 10 days for the drawings and not sure of the results, in fact i had to modify the tooths profiles by hand or no chance to run the gears!😅

I hope to have answer your question, otherwise please ask me, i will be happy to answer!!

See you soon,
    Alberto 🇮🇹

Thanks
    Thanked 2,650 Times in 710 Posts

tonyfoale's Tools
    Yes a full answer. Many thanks.
    I built one but to start with I got a 10 W head to see if it would be useful to me. Does the change from 100% down to 98% power really make that much difference to life? Is it a matter of internal heating, if so wouldn't extra cooling do the job?

Thanks

AB-SHOP's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyfoale View Post
    Yes a full answer. Many thanks.
    I built one but to start with I got a 10 W head to see if it would be useful to me. Does the change from 100% down to 98% power really make that much difference to life? Is it a matter of internal heating, if so wouldn't extra cooling do the job?
    I think that 10 (W) Is the minimum to have fun, regarding the power i respect the rule that the laser maker wrote me when he sent the laser to my home.

At that time he spoke about a special plastic magnifying glass in front of diode, you can change It as a spare part in case but not so simple because It Is very small.

So i think that extra cooling can help, like you said, but i prefer not to test the glass life! 😂

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information