Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: How to Make a Screw Organizer using PVC Pipe Clamp Clips Holders and PVC PIPE !

Thanks

Mr.DK DIY's Tools

How to Make a Screw Organizer using PVC Pipe Clamp Clips Holders and PVC PIPE !

Hello,my new Homemade video project !
    PVC Pipe Clamp Clips Holders and PVC PIPE ??? VERY USEFUL DIY IDEA !

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr.DK DIY For This Useful Post:

Jon (Apr 30, 2021), kboy0076 (Apr 26, 2021), saguaro (Apr 23, 2021), Scotsman Hosie (Apr 27, 2021)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    seriously? I guess that's ok If U only have a few of each

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dbat74 For This Useful Post:

Mr.DK DIY (May 12, 2021), Scotsman Hosie (Apr 27, 2021)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,653 Posts

Thanks Mr.DK DIY! We've added your Fastener Organizer to our Storage and Organization category,
    as well as to your builder page: Mr.DK DIY's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DIYer For This Useful Post:

Mr.DK DIY (May 12, 2021)

Thanks

WmRMeyers's Tools
    I guess I need something like that made with 5-gallon buckets. I estimate 2-300 pounds of hardware. And that is just what I've collected in the past 8 or 9 years or so.

Supporting Member
    Thanks

wizard69's Tools
    Funny this should come up today as I've been looking at YouTube video's to find ways to solve my storage problems. This approach wouldn't be dense enough. However with a little refactoring it would be a great way to store tooling for a drill press or mill that you want finger tip access to. I'm thinking a collet rack, taper tooling rack, drill bit and end mill racks built on top of each other. It would probably need something stiffer that plastic pipe but that is not a big issues.

Thanks

WmRMeyers's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post
    Funny this should come up today as I've been looking at YouTube video's to find ways to solve my storage problems. This approach wouldn't be dense enough. However with a little refactoring it would be a great way to store tooling for a drill press or mill that you want finger tip access to. I'm thinking a collet rack, taper tooling rack, drill bit and end mill racks built on top of each other. It would probably need something stiffer that plastic pipe but that is not a big issues.
    I don't have all that much in the way of taper tooling, myself, but I've got a box of end mills (mostly carbide, and therefore very heavy) that weighs about 30 or 40 pounds, that I got with my used HF mini-mill. Mill was $350, and the guy wanted $100 for the box of endmills. I only had $60 left, offered him that for whatever he though was a fair share of the end mills, and he just gave me the whole box. I've had the thing for most of a year, still haven't cleaned it up yet. Been too busy with health and other problems in the family. I've got 2 sizes of ER collets, and see the need for a full set of 5C collets. Did get rolling tool cabinets to put the 3 lathes and 2 milling machines on, then thought about it for a while. Started focusing on the workshop a couple of weeks ago, and got sick with a cold middle of last week, just as I'd realized there was a much better way to organize the small machines in my shop and have spent the last five days in bed. Runny nose and blah, nothing else, but I've learned that pushing it when I'm sick just makes it last longer. Felt OK yesterday. Today I feel good! We'll see what happens.

Thanks
    For the money spent on pvc fittings, I think I could buy something more capacious & robust.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information