Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: HOW TO MAKE A STRONG SPOT WELDER

Supporting Member
    Thanks

mariost's Tools

HOW TO MAKE A STRONG SPOT WELDER

In this video you can learn how to make a very strong spot welder with current control. I ' ve used two transformers from microwave oven and a voltage controller.
    The construction step by step and the use here:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOW  TO MAKE  A  STRONG  SPOT WELDER-f1.jpg   HOW  TO MAKE  A  STRONG  SPOT WELDER-f2.jpg   HOW  TO MAKE  A  STRONG  SPOT WELDER-f3.jpg   HOW  TO MAKE  A  STRONG  SPOT WELDER-f4.jpg   HOW  TO MAKE  A  STRONG  SPOT WELDER-f5.jpg  

HOW  TO MAKE  A  STRONG  SPOT WELDER-f6.jpg   HOW  TO MAKE  A  STRONG  SPOT WELDER-f6a.jpg   HOW  TO MAKE  A  STRONG  SPOT WELDER-f7.jpg   HOW  TO MAKE  A  STRONG  SPOT WELDER-f8.jpg   HOW  TO MAKE  A  STRONG  SPOT WELDER-f9.jpg  

HOW  TO MAKE  A  STRONG  SPOT WELDER-f10.jpg   HOW  TO MAKE  A  STRONG  SPOT WELDER-f11.jpg  

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mariost For This Useful Post:

Frank S (May 30, 2021), johncg (Jun 5, 2021), Jon (Jun 3, 2021), rlm98253 (Jun 1, 2021), Scotty1 (May 31, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Thanks for sharing your build. I found the video very enlightening and quite informative and very well explained.
    Although my knowledge of the Greek language is limited to a 2 day visit to Athens and a single day on Cypress several decades ago, a few of the words and mannerisms appear to be shared with Turkish. I worked with an engineer from Turkey for many months back in the early 2000's This seemed to help me correlate a limited understanding of some of the things you discussed as well. having built many things in the past lent my understanding most of the rest of the build.
    I felt that your approach to amperage control was well thought out. I particularly liked the fact that you had also included a thermal switch to the secondary windings of your transformer assembly, also the pairing of 2 transformers was a huge factor in being able to achieve a useable amperage without overloading the primary windings.
    I might add that if your were to incorporate a timer relay to your foot control circuit in series with the thermal switch this will allow an even better control for the quality of your spot welds.
    mounting your electrode clamp to a stand with a linkage down to the foot control will allow freeing up of 1 of your hands would appear to be your next step in the evolution of your machine.
    I understand the reasoning for using a female receptacle to remove the power cord but there are recessed male receptacles for this which are much safer though sometimes difficult to find however well worth the effort to locate and install especially you plan to use your machine long term or others may have access to using it
    Again thanks for sharing

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,652 Posts

Thanks mariost! We've added your Spot Welder to our Welding category,
    as well as to your builder page: mariost's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information