Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: How to make a tool to check squareness

Thanks

shopandmath's Tools

How to make a tool to check squareness

How to make a tool to check squareness

the video is a great watch but the downloads are even better this is the only squareness checking device that I know that you can make without having to do any machining keep in mind if you find a way of improving this design please comment and let me know
    If you know of another squareness checking device or other device that would be useful for students that are just starting out in machining or hobbyists please share the link with me
    Ray

Video link

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to shopandmath For This Useful Post:

albertq (Jan 28, 2024), Cdronbrn (Jan 30, 2024), flyfr8rs (Feb 3, 2024), geoffm (Jan 30, 2024), Jon (Jan 25, 2024), kess (Jan 26, 2024), mr mikey (Jan 31, 2024), nova_robotics (Jan 26, 2024), uv8452 (Jan 30, 2024)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,654 Posts

Thanks shopandmath! We've added your Squareness Checking Tool to our Measuring and Marking category,
    as well as to your builder page: shopandmath's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,861 Times in 11,344 Posts
    Congratulations shopandmath - your Squareness Comparator is the Homemade Tool of the Week!

This tool has been through many iterations over the years, and is a nice real-world example of how 3D printed tools can occupy a legitimate spot in a machinist's arsenal.

Some more good builds from this week:

Knurling Method by Mook
    Thumb Screws by Improvised DIY
    Pop Rivet Drill Guide by rgsparber
    Press Brake Attachment by Cascao
    Lathe Tool Setter by micksworkshop
    Tap Follower by hersch_tool
    Angle Drill by Cascao

shopandmath - you'll be receiving a $100 cash prize, in your choice of Amazon, PayPal, or bitcoin. Please PM me your current email address and prize choice and I'll get it sent over right away.

More importantly - this is your 3rd Homemade Tool of the Week win!

You join these other 3-Time Homemade Tool of the Week winners: rgsparber, rossbotics, mr95gst, Paul Jones, Christophe Mineau, Captainleeward, immortalx, scorch, Brendon, Frank S, morsa, mklotz, Philip Davies, Vyacheslav.Nevolya, brianhw, kess, LMMasterMariner, Don42, jjr2001, Tuomas, olderdan, tonyfoale, bobs409, dgbreggin, Mikhandmaker, thehomeengineer, old_toolmaker, celsoari, Bellevue Woodshop, Stevohdee, Dr.Al, Kovanca Polock, Dimitris Polychronis, warsztatOdZera, Kwandotechnic, Mark Presling, Crusty, winkys workshop, orioncons36, diy creative crafts, AB-SHOP, Occasional machinist, My MiniCrafts, and Mook.

You'll notice the 3-Time Homemade Tool of the Week award trophy graphic in your postbit beneath your avatar.

Here are all three of your Homemade Tool of the Week winning tools. Congrats again

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information