Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: How screws are made - video

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,236 Times in 9,716 Posts

How screws are made - video

How screws are made. We've seen a lot of manufacturing videos here in Tool Talk, but nothing like this one from INDUSTRIAL JP.

Previously:

How staples are made - video
    How high tensile chain is made - GIF
    How to make a hydraulic vise - video

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by Altair; Jan 12, 2019 at 08:13 AM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

baja (Jan 13, 2019), Clockguy (Jan 13, 2019), EnginePaul (Jan 13, 2019), oldpastit (Jan 13, 2019), Seedtick (Jan 12, 2019), threesixesinarow (Jan 13, 2019)

Thanks
    Reminds me of back in the early 70's when I was responsible for the setup, quality control and production of 6 Waterbury-Farrel thread rollers making 1/4 through 1/2 inch, captured washer cap screws sold to the Big Three. The noisy, smelly, sometime mind-numbing job was part of a shop that had 4 presses making washers, 20 headers making blanks, 36 thread rollers and more than 300 people working three shifts a day (usually six days a week), producing millions of bolts a day to help feed Detroit's never ending, (we thought), appetite. It only took me a couple of years in that environment to make me understand that no matter how good the money was, (and it was), unlike some, I couldn't continue to be a shop rat. The shop is gone now (as is much of the machine that was once Detroit that we thought would live forever). Just goes to show you that evolution, though cruel, is necessary..

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to basil3w For This Useful Post:

EnginePaul (Jan 13, 2019), PJs (Jan 13, 2019)

Thanks
    Amazes me how they got that machine to keep time with the music!!

The base on that music track really sent my subwoofer into orbit. I don't play that much hard bass, the likes of which nearly rattles the drawers open on my desk!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Clockguy For This Useful Post:

PJs (Jan 13, 2019)

PJs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 718 Posts

PJs's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockguy View Post
    Amazes me how they got that machine to keep time with the music!!

The base on that music track really sent my subwoofer into orbit. I don't play that much hard bass, the likes of which nearly rattles the drawers open on my desk!!
    LOL True, mine too! And if you turned on CC in English the words chimed right in too.

Definitely a messy process all timed in 48 part harmony. I can see why basil3w lost taste for the shear magnitude of the ops and oil, auditory and olfactory sensory overload, day in and day out...you'd need a wet suit to work on or around that stuff. Reminds me of the old term...Slip n' Slide Power glide.

I gotta say though that this post Is one of the best videograpy I've seen of a factory shoot. Had to be a tough shoot, keeping oil mist off the lenses and lighting (very hard), shot selection and the music timing, all difficult and quite brilliantly executed...Thanks Altair, Nice find!

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by PJs; Jan 13, 2019 at 11:30 AM.
    ‘‘Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.’’
    Mark Twain

Thread Information