Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Intro

Thanks

Intro

Well hello to All, What a great forum, nice to see all the inventions and tools, What stands out the most is, that as the saying goes....«there are many ways to skin a hare» (we are a "cats" household)......!

I especially appreciate the "Pull Starter" from Frank Barkin, it will save (I hope) a few good moments of life to it's users.

I'm a retired fellow who spend much of his time doodling in wood, metal and plastics, with a well equiped shop (at last). And as many of us here, I look for quality good tools and tend to be a hoarder.

Thak to all for the many suggestions of always usefull tools.

Web-Footed Flyer.

(the handle commes from the days I flew my C-180 on floats)

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,173 Times in 11,444 Posts
    Hi Web-Footed Flyer - welcome to HomemadeTools.net

Nice username; both myself and the other administrator are pilots, although I'm a rookie and he's deeply experienced. You might like our PlaneBuilds.net site too.

What's next up on your projects list? Are you going to attempt your own pull starter build?

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Hi Web-Footed Flyer,

Welcome - glad to have you here!

What sort of homemade tools have you made over the years? Are you working on anything in particular at the moment?

Let's see a few pics of your C-180. Here's a shot of the RV-8 I built years ago…

Ken

Thanks
    Thanks for the Home-coming, Guys, I'm in the process of installing my lathe (Shop Fox M1112, 12x36 gunsmith) and the Drill-Milling G0762, in my basement.... going thru the procedures of cement lelvelling, and the necessary steps; and since I'm going at it alone.... well... I should be making chips some time early summer; as for the "Pull Starter", I will do that one next, as I need it for the outdoors work when the warm weather comes back here (100 km north-east of YUL) 30 km north of Joliette, Qc, Canada.

Nice Speedster there Ken, Ihope your proud of it..... cause it looks fabulous and fast.... And hey Jon I hope you get to be an "Old Pilot" cause there are no "Old bold Pilots".....!!!

For my part I really miss my "ole-crate".....!!!

Walter

Thanks
    Hi Walter,

You should have quite the shop when you're done. Post a few pics as you go; lots of guys would enjoy following your progress.

I loved that RV and miss it every day (I sold it some time ago), but I needed to let it go at the time. It was quick, no doubt about it - good for 190+ KTAS in level flight at altitude. Solo, with half fuel, initial climb was over 2800 FPM. Fun!

I've been out of aviation for a few years (playing with motorcycles and race cars), but I've been feeling the pull again this last year or so. I want to do something I haven't already done; the L-39 is looking really good at the moment…

Are you still flying these days?

Ken

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information