Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Just a hello and glad to be here

Supporting Member
    Thanks

lazarus's Tools

Just a hello and glad to be here

Hi, I'm Lazarus.

My interests are hunting, mechanics and building about anything we use on the farm from scraps we gather.

In the shop I have a 10" Sheldon lathe, U.S machine tool hand mill, Bridgeport mill(under construction), brake lathe, table saw, 6" grinder, wood bandsaw, metal chop saw, planer, router, etc.

My current project is converting a Rossi single shot .762x39 to a 444/410. This will be done by hacking the barrel off, boring and threading the stub. Then I'll turn and thread a .44 barrel blank and chamber it for 3" 410 shotshells. As no forcing cone will be needed(and not wanted) I will make my chamber reamer by gringing and profiling a straight hand reamer.

My reason for building this shotgun is-I live in a shotgun only county. Research that I have done has brought me to the conclusion that I can build a useful, 300gr launching, rifled 410 from a useless too deep chambered Rossi. SAAMI specs for a 410 barrel allow up to .430 bore and ATF rules are as long as it will chamber and shoot the 410 shot shells-it's a shotgun.

That's where I'm at right now, build wise.

Glad to be here and enjoying finding out how others do these projects.

Ben

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,618 Times in 11,284 Posts
    Hi Lazarus - welcome to HomemadeTools.net

Sounds like you have plenty of skills, and work! How is the shotgun project going? Post some pics if you have any, I'm sure people would like to take a look at your work.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Hi Ben,

Welcome!

Agreed on the shotgun project being of interest; let's see any photos you may have of the process.

Ken

Supporting Member
    Thanks

lazarus's Tools
    I haven't started it yet. I've got the gun and barrel blank. Waiting on 10 reamers I got off ebay for $9.95 last night. They're used and probably dull, but I will be grinding them any way. I don't want to use a good one from mine for a one off. Right now we're shin deep in mud here and the horses come before any projects. We live in a swamp area and keeping 1100 lb animals above ground is quite a chore.
    I'll post pics when I get started(soon I hope).

Ben

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    how about a m6 scout just got to figgure how to rifle the .22 barrel could use the help on this build check me out on my home made rifling machine could use the support and knowlage

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information