Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Just a newbie "hi" with pics of my lab & some projects

Thanks

timc_doc's Tools

Just a newbie "hi" with pics of my lab & some projects

I got a late start on metalwork, here are some projects http://timsherri.dynalias.net/lab I'm the guy playing the cello, project link list on the bottom. Some things I've learned, 1) everything on wheels! 2) no combustibles 3) put pictures of contents on the outside of drawer fronts. Some things I'd like to learn/work on 1) forging 2) welding esp. tig 3) glasswork 4) luthiery

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    Hi timc_doc,

Welcome!

Better late than never, right? I was a serious violinist in an earlier life; I can close my eyes and hear your cello now. Very nice.

If you'd like to share any of your own projects, please post them directly to our Homemade Tools subforum. We'll see that they're each added to the database, as well as to your own builder page on the site.

Ken

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

timc_doc's Tools
    this is off topic, but I started on violin still do lots, moved down an instrument at a time, just played bass solo in Mahler Symph #1 in microsoft orchestra 2 weeks ago. back on topic I'm putting together a welder and a reflex tester. I'll probably be posting stuff from those. still haven't figured out all these forum things so I might be random for a while

Thanks
    Random is fine, as is the occasional off-topic post. Lots of interesting folks here, some with highly eclectic backgrounds. That's part of what makes for a healthy and engaged community.

I've always been a Mozart lover, but my favorite performance piece was Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto in E Minor. How's that for off-topic?

Ken

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information