Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Little Swing Brake

Thanks

Strostkovy's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by auswelder View Post
    Thanks for that, looking forward to seeing more more steps and drawings. What diameter are the holes to drill?

As for uploading, I think you will need to use a 3rd party hosting service, maybe something such as https://www.dropbox.com/ ?

Maybe a forum moderator has a better idea.
    Half inch diameter, sorry about that. I'm pretty busy with a huge project using the brake right now, so I don't really want to take it apart until I'm done, but I'll come up with something reasonably soon.

It seemed to me all of my uploads worked correctly. I that not the case? (Else I will use imgur)

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Ok not a problem whenever you have some free time

Yeah all your uploads worked without any issues. Was referring to the dxf file issue.

2000 Tool Plans

3. The Following User Says Thank You to auswelder For This Useful Post:

Strostkovy (Jul 19, 2016)

Thanks

Strostkovy's Tools
    Alright, I finished what I was building.

Here I explain how I did it:
    How I built a thing. - Album on Imgur
    I sold it at the local fair for $2500.

Anyhow, that's what was taking up all of my time, and why I didn't make any more posts here. The brake in this thread was able to make about 40% of the bends on the project. Though after making so many bends, I have found that the fingers in this design are nearly impossible to align. With 18 or 16 gauge steel the bends even themselves out, but on the 22 gauge I was using you can see changes in radius along the bend where the fingers stuck out differently. It would probably be best to not weld any fingers together and align them individually, with the armature clamped down against the desired thickness of metal, and to use real set screws, not hacked off bolts, which can move the fingers as you tighten them.

I may just make a better brake (but not more complicated) and do a detailed right up then. Unfortunately, that has to wait until I get my plasma cutter finished, which is a higher priority. And that unfortunately may have to wait until I can find some shop space to rent.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by Strostkovy; Aug 13, 2016 at 11:03 PM. Reason: There were letters where letters did not belong.

Thread Information