Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Looking for advise

Thanks

Question Looking for advise

I have gutted my travel trailer in order to rebuild with an open floor plan. I am stuck on the bathroom, however. I really want a big shower, pedestal sink and high sitting toilet. I have very limited funding but several rv's to scavange from. I want to know if i can cut and piece together bathtub/shower inserts to make a bench seat or do i have to build one from scratch? I have red guard, a bunch of air mattresses, lots of vinyl plank flooring, lots of tile, lumber, liquid rubber, foam insulting panels. And more odds and ends. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks

WmRMeyers's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedtools View Post
    I have gutted my travel trailer in order to rebuild with an open floor plan. I am stuck on the bathroom, however. I really want a big shower, pedestal sink and high sitting toilet. I have very limited funding but several rv's to scavange from. I want to know if i can cut and piece together bathtub/shower inserts to make a bench seat or do i have to build one from scratch? I have red guard, a bunch of air mattresses, lots of vinyl plank flooring, lots of tile, lumber, liquid rubber, foam insulting panels. And more odds and ends. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
    Can you do fiberglass work? You could build the structure of your bath with lumber/metal, and foam sheet insulation, and then cover it in fiberglass to get a one-piece waterproof "enclosure" for the bath, for one way to do it. You could, perhaps, include elements of the various toilets, sinks, bathtubs, and shower inserts into the structure, then use the fiberglass to cover the joints, and gelcoat to deal with the color matching. It might be easier to just design and build one from scratch, though.

Bill

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Thankyou! Thats pretty much what i was thinking, with taking the shower tub insert i have and sealing the joints. I will post pics as i go. Again, thankyou!

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information