Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Looking & lots to learn

Thanks

Looking & lots to learn

Good Morning! So cool to happen upon this site and join. I'm a do-it-yourselfer, from building our homes to our farm, general mechanics for any and all equipment needed. Hitting that age where I need be creating in the shop more. So, putting together a metal working & blacksmithing section to the shop. Making or restoring tools & equipment is the only way to go forward. I'm researching intensely. Thank You Achinbackfarms

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,126 Times in 11,429 Posts
    Hi achinbackfarms - welcome to HomemadeTools.net

How are the new sections of your shop going so far? What kind of tools are you planning on building or restoring? If you've got any old machinery headed for a restoration, we're going to insist on seeing some pics

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Almost afternoon Jon! Thank You for responding, I'll do my best to keep up with postings please know I still work fulltime off the farm. Can't give up on what I've built. I've reconditioned many tools and farm implements. My only true restoration project was my 1936 SouthBend 9" metal lathe. Never took pics, just use her a lot, trying now to accessorize her making a milling attachment, etc.,. My shop(?) Well, I would love to boast that it is coming right along, but truthfully my woodworking shop is my basement, a corner of my barn is the start of the metal working (forge,miscellaneous etc), the front of a poultry barn is slated for a concrete floor & partitioning,.. I service my rolling stock there now. As the bucks get made, the slab/floor goes in, next will be the partitions. An inch at a $ time. Can't wait to do everything under one roof. And did I say I'm long winded. Sorry bout that,...
    Jim @ achinbackfarms

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,126 Times in 11,429 Posts
    Keep us posted on that shop build; sounds very cool.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information