Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: M4A - PAC MAN Edge Finder - DIY

Supporting Member machining 4 all's Avatar
    Thanks

machining 4 all's Tools

M4A - PAC MAN Edge Finder - DIY

My little tribute to this game that marked the childhood of many people...

If this idea was useful, don't forget to thank!
    Support content creators, visit my page on Youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqw...E3eBi7w/videos

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by machining 4 all; Sep 12, 2020 at 07:10 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to machining 4 all For This Useful Post:

Francis4344 (Sep 15, 2020), Jon (Sep 16, 2020), madmick77 (Sep 20, 2020), nova_robotics (Sep 14, 2020), Toolmaker51 (Sep 17, 2020)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,653 Posts

Thanks machining 4 all! We've added your Edge Finder to our Measuring and Marking category,
    as well as to your builder page: machining 4 all's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

Saltfever's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by machining 4 all View Post
    M4A - PAC MAN Edge Finder - DIY-youtube.jpg

HMT started out with like-minded people sharing their ideas to help others and also benefiting from the experiences and ideas from a large DIY community. Monetization was the least significant motive to posting a project or idea. Of course everything in the ether is subject to change but the original premise is still strong among many HMT viewers.

Posting an attention-grabbing project video here and then thwarting its viewing is a bit disrespectful. You are using us to drive traffic to YouTube, and crass commercialization is not what we are about. I often jump from here to youtube for enhanced viewing features but I sure won’t be forced there. Such an antic should not be allowed on HMT.

Please enlarge your screen to see the pic. I could not enlarge it for this post.
    Last edited by Saltfever; Oct 3, 2020 at 11:34 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Saltfever For This Useful Post:

olderdan (Oct 4, 2020)

Thanks

machining 4 all's Tools
    Saltfever and olderdan, I will check the visualization error you posted, because here in my region the videos are accessed normally. However, I am upset with your comments. I have no interest in monetization, I never made any money on YouTube or HMT, despite the difficulties I face. I find it strange that someone suggests a disrespectful conduct, even without knowing a person to whom it refers. Your comments make me rethink my stay here at HMT ...

I am grateful to Jon for the invitation to participate here, and to be able to contribute in something, although there are different opinions that must be respected. When the time comes to leave I will do it respectfully ...
    Last edited by machining 4 all; Oct 4, 2020 at 07:46 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,538 Times in 466 Posts

olderdan's Tools
    No offence intended, by thanking Saltfevers post I was agreeing with his comments in in general for those who use this strategy. So far all your videos have posted just fine.
    Regards
    Olderdan

Thanks

machining 4 all's Tools
    No olderdan, by thanking a post you agree with the author's words. For example, you agree that "You are using us to drive traffic to YouTube, and crass commercialization is not what we are about." This is not a general comment, it is a comment directed at me. Just have a little respect. Why didn't you send me a private message? I would be happy to check the mentioned problem ...

It is a shame that this thread goes to the Forum home page for this reason ...

As you comment without evidence, please do not access the content I post on the forum. It's a big favor you do for me ...
    Last edited by machining 4 all; Oct 4, 2020 at 08:24 PM.

Thanks

Saltfever's Tools
    When I clicked on your video this is the message that filled my screen!

Video Unavailable
    Watch this video on YouTube
    Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner.
    (my emphasis)

When I inserted that pic in my post it was reduced in size. But you can see now what was displayed on my screen. I tried 6 times to enlarge the pic so it was readable but unable to do so.

M4A - PAC MAN Edge Finder - DIY-youtube-2.jpg

As you have pointed out it was either a technical error or a malicious hacker hoax. You are the OP and author of the video. Only you know the real intent of your posting. I only responded to what I saw on my screen on a creditable site. Obviously, we know now it was a hoax and my response was to a hacker, or the opportunist that was portrayed in the hoax. You are neither one of those and therefore it is not a personal attack on you.

You make a good point that a PM would have been more appropriate and I completely agree under normal circumstances. Unfortunately, my mistake was I did not immediately recognize M4A as a trusted contributor. Even as little as 4 weeks ago I was keenly interested in your vise and left a comment. (Sept 6th, post #8 ). If I had recognized M4A I would have sent a PM to a trusted member. But due to what was displayed on my computer at that time I was reluctant to go private.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information