Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Make A Drill Press Table From Damaged Bike Parts

Supporting Member Kwandotechnic's Avatar
    Thanks

Kwandotechnic's Tools

Make A Drill Press Table From Damaged Bike Parts

Dear you all,
    Today I would like to introduce how to Make A Table Drill Guide From Damaged Bicycle Parts
    I hope you all feel interested in my video.
    Please like and subscribe to watch new videos!
    Thank you so much!
    Kwando.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kwandotechnic For This Useful Post:

carloski (Mar 13, 2022), Frank S (Mar 11, 2022), Jon (Mar 17, 2022), marksbug (Mar 11, 2022)

Thanks
    might should of put a adjustment so the drill could be adjusted so it drills straight. not at a angle like it is.

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following User Says Thank You to marksbug For This Useful Post:

Kwandotechnic (Mar 12, 2022)

Thanks
    The theory is good but the end product is too flimsy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hans Pearson For This Useful Post:

Kwandotechnic (Mar 12, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    We should look at some of these builds for their innovation and use of materials at hand, especially the repurposing of existing componentry. For many if not most of us our requirements for accuracy may be on a higher level. Not everything needs to have holes drilled to a near CNC level or done on a machine with granite slab stability.
    There are little economical drill presses on the market for handheld drill which are not much more by design than this man's build.
    Looking at it another way this drill press is quite a step up from having to drill a bunch of holes while holding on to a power drill.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

bruce.desertrat (Mar 13, 2022), Kwandotechnic (Mar 12, 2022), marksbug (Mar 12, 2022)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,653 Posts

Thanks Kwandotechnic! We've added your Drill Press to our Drilling and Drill Presses category,
    as well as to your builder page: Kwandotechnic's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DIYer For This Useful Post:

Kwandotechnic (Mar 12, 2022), marksbug (Mar 12, 2022)

Thanks

Smile

yes frank thats correct and I do look at it like that. my comment was a simple fix for a visible issue.If I built it it would probably be worse the first time around, thats when you find the little bit of extra work it may need hear or there. I like the thinking behind it all.as you can clearly see the peice of steel that get the 5 holes drilled had pilot diviots so it would not walk. making a positional drill head would take very little to do and just make it easyer to use nomaner what you are doing you should try to get it right.not drill holes in something just to find out that they are right on one side and off by 2x the hole dia the other side....unless your a wonky builder building a Whoville home for Horton's hearing aid service. I think it would be awesome to walk into somebody shop full of this kind of tooling that makes high quality stuff with it all. it's totally doable. I see no difference in this stuff than any of the tooling I make or any body else makes.and cnc has nothing to do with it. when I made the rollover, tilt table for reworking cylinder head seats & valve guides on my mill it came out great.but it needed some extra work, and still does. but it got the job done great. I have everything to "rebuild it" but I may never use it again. I made it very light weight due to my limits after the slicing for DR got dome ****ing me up. it has a little more flex than it shouldhave.very little but I know it's there checking with dial indacator for flex. with that said. it works awesome.just not "heavy duty" like this guys drill press, it gets the job done. If I had the steel to make my jig 10 pounds heavyer I probably would of as its' already to heavy for me...but I still pick it up as always that cant be stopped till Im dead.. I love watching stuff made from disposed stuff.we ( my dad ,brother and me )have always done that. steel junk is almost kinda like a ex wife.good for repurposing by somebody else into a new life , hopefully a useful one.

also i wood ventur to say his drill press is better than those **** on the market ones that you clamp your electrick hand drill to. I have 2 of those hear.well 1 now i think.I wanted to take it appart to use the main stand for somethen. the gears are broke in both the units I had/have. broke spring too.and more.1 small unit and one larger "heavy duty"model both junk. and those didnt hold the drill straight either.
    Last edited by marksbug; Mar 12, 2022 at 10:10 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to marksbug For This Useful Post:

Frank S (Mar 12, 2022)

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by marksbug View Post
    yes frank thats correct and I do look at it like that. my comment was a simple fix for a visible issue.If I built it it would probably be worse the first time around, thats when you find the little bit of extra work it may need hear or there. I like the thinking behind it all.as you can clearly see the peice of steel that get the 5 holes drilled had pilot diviots so it would not walk. making a positional drill head would take very little to do and just make it easyer to use nomaner what you are doing you should try to get it right.not drill holes in something just to find out that they are right on one side and off by 2x the hole dia the other side....unless your a wonky builder building a Whoville home for Horton's hearing aid service. I think it would be awesome to walk into somebody shop full of this kind of tooling that makes high quality stuff with it all. it's totally doable. I see no difference in this stuff than any of the tooling I make or any body else makes.and cnc has nothing to do with it. when I made the rollover, tilt table for reworking cylinder head seats & valve guides on my mill it came out great.but it needed some extra work, and still does. but it got the job done great. I have everything to "rebuild it" but I may never use it again. I made it very light weight due to my limits after the slicing for DR got dome ****ing me up. it has a little more flex than it shouldhave.very little but I know it's there checking with dial indacator for flex. with that said. it works awesome.just not "heavy duty" like this guys drill press, it gets the job done. If I had the steel to make my jig 10 pounds heavyer I probably would of as its' already to heavy for me...but I still pick it up as always that cant be stopped till Im dead.. I love watching stuff made from disposed stuff.we ( my dad ,brother and me )have always done that. steel junk is almost kinda like a ex wife.good for repurposing by somebody else into a new life , hopefully a useful one.

also i wood ventur to say his drill press is better than those **** on the market ones that you clamp your electrick hand drill to. I have 2 of those hear.well 1 now i think.I wanted to take it appart to use the main stand for somethen. the gears are broke in both the units I had/have. broke spring too.and more.1 small unit and one larger "heavy duty"model both junk. and those didnt hold the drill straight either.
    A lot of times a build is posted and as soon as the creator uses the his or her creation they notice where improvements can be made. They might make those and never do a follow up on their build. I have a lot of builds which have undergone several transformations sometimes they are so minor it is hardly worth updating. And sometimes I deconstruct a build and seemingly transmogrify the build into something entirely different to do nearly the same task as the original, but with alterations

Thanks
    Ive made a few small jigs, forgot to make them and grabed one up and made somethen else out f it...more than once...when I realize what Ive done.... sometimes it dont really mater sometimes...fuc....!!!! Im the same way when Im drawing something out to make it...no referance at all as to what it is.sometimes it's just a mod or addtion that I may needs to make....and the next time I pick up that pad...I havent a clue what all that scribblening ,diagrams&specs,& dimensions are for...one day I may learn to wright down what the fuc...Im drawing out. or just righting the specs or #'s for it to make it. you cant fix stupid. and when you have short term memory issues.... it's dam frustrating.
    I use a lot of forged pistons for small jigs, cut off the skirts & you have a nice round slug to work with. I have many for different things. much cheeper than buying the soft c5 machinable collet stuff and never having the right one on hand that you need to make somethen. old cam shafts make nice drivers, but a bitch to cut off the lobes. the bearing journal is the main parts I use to make special driver's. I dont seem to recycle much scrap at the recycle place, I use most everything I can. hell even a small 4 cylinder block can be repurposed as a "tombstone" on your mill oh so much cheaper than buying a 18" tall one. I did buy 2 cast iron 24" serface plates, never found any thing that I could use for that. and got a deal on a aluminum 12x10 sine plate...less than what it would cost me to buy the cast aluminum plate to make one. sometimes you need to use your head befor buying material to make something, always check to see if you can find one withen 10-20% of the materials, just easyer that way and not another projetct to get to. Im also bad about buying stock for something and not labeling it all. it's all in a box, but...that righting what it is for seems to escape. me. I for some stupid reason think I will remember it...and I cant. (memory issues are radiation related. Or the anesthesia. All my old memory's are there without a issue.it's new stuff that get lost.) a mind is truly a terrible thing to waste...and loose.as is memory's.. I can not take 2 wires off a switch and remember witch went where in 5 min or less. cell phone is a big help...sometimes.when I remember I cant remember.

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by marksbug View Post
    Ive made a few small jigs, forgot to make them and grabed one up and made somethen else out f it...more than once...when I realize what Ive done.... sometimes it dont really mater sometimes...fuc....!!!! Im the same way when Im drawing something out to make it...no referance at all as to what it is.sometimes it's just a mod or addtion that I may needs to make....and the next time I pick up that pad...I havent a clue what all that scribblening ,diagrams&specs,& dimensions are for...one day I may learn to wright down what the fuc...Im drawing out. or just righting the specs or #'s for it to make it. you cant fix stupid. and when you have short term memory issues.... it's dam frustrating.
    I use a lot of forged pistons for small jigs, cut off the skirts & you have a nice round slug to work with. I have many for different things. much cheeper than buying the soft c5 machinable collet stuff and never having the right one on hand that you need to make somethen. old cam shafts make nice drivers, but a bitch to cut off the lobes. the bearing journal is the main parts I use to make special driver's. I dont seem to recycle much scrap at the recycle place, I use most everything I can. hell even a small 4 cylinder block can be repurposed as a "tombstone" on your mill oh so much cheaper than buying a 18" tall one. I did buy 2 cast iron 24" serface plates, never found any thing that I could use for that. and got a deal on a aluminum 12x10 sine plate...less than what it would cost me to buy the cast aluminum plate to make one. sometimes you need to use your head befor buying material to make something, always check to see if you can find one withen 10-20% of the materials, just easyer that way and not another projetct to get to. Im also bad about buying stock for something and not labeling it all. it's all in a box, but...that righting what it is for seems to escape. me. I for some stupid reason think I will remember it...and I cant. (memory issues are radiation related. Or the anesthesia. All my old memory's are there without a issue. it's new stuff that get lost.) a mind is truly a terrible thing to waste...and loose.as is memory's.. I can not take 2 wires off a switch and remember witch went where in 5 min or less. cell phone is a big help...sometimes. when I remember I cant remember.
    And here I thought I was the only one who made scribbles in a note pad without any references. Been doing like that for high on 60 years now so I see no reason to change at this late stage. The not so funny thing is though I can scribble something down today and tomorrow not have a clue what it was in reference to but things I wrote down 5 years ago I can take 1 look at it and tell you what project it was for why I wrote it down and what it meant to me at the time.
    About 15 years ago now I started thinking about something that I only helped build, mostly I cut all of the parts for it I decided to 3d model it in my computer Then about 3 years ago the son of the guy that I helped to build the device contacted me and said he had acquired one of the cattle head gates I helped build asked me if I wanted it. last summer I went and picked it up and brought it home the differences in what I had drawn on my computer and the actual headgate were so minimal you'd have thought I had taken the dimensions directly off of the unit, which would have been impossible since I was in Kuwait at the time I drew it up from only an old picture I had at the time.
    If you don't use it you loose it. I never loose my truck key because I never remove it from the Ign. I never loose the house keys because there aren't any. I can sat my coffee cup[ down in the shop turn my back and take me half an hour to find it, good thing the coffee stays hot in it for up to 16 hours

Thanks
    I think I may have a twin!! if you happen to find my touit let me know, its round and probably rusty.

Thread Information