Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Man carrying multiple can packs on his back - GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,827 Times in 9,927 Posts

Man carrying multiple can packs on his back - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks

WmRMeyers's Tools
    If I tried that, all you'd see was pile of broken can packs with maybe limbs sticking out, and a pool of blood...

Bill

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by WmRMeyers View Post
    If I tried that, all you'd see was pile of broken can packs with maybe limbs sticking out, and a pool of blood...

Bill
    Yea, some people never heard of a simple 2-wheeler. 2 guys to load him then what about the other end? 2more guys??? So probably as many as 5 guys total with only 1 moving product. get 3 or 4 2-wheelers 1 guy handing down the product while the mover loads his own 2-wheeler , maybe 1 guy at the other end to help shift off of the 2-wheeler and stack if need be, otherwise have 4 2-wheelers this means 3 to 4 times the product moved in the same amount of time with the same number of guys. everyone works continuously instead of up to 4 guys standing around waiting on the carrier less risk of product damage or injury to the carrier
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

WmRMeyers's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    Yea, some people never heard of a simple 2-wheeler. 2 guys to load him then what about the other end? 2more guys??? So probably as many as 5 guys total with only 1 moving product. get 3 or 4 2-wheelers 1 guy handing down the product while the mover loads his own 2-wheeler , maybe 1 guy at the other end to help shift off of the 2-wheeler and stack if need be, otherwise have 4 2-wheelers this means 3 to 4 times the product moved in the same amount of time with the same number of guys. everyone works continuously instead of up to 4 guys standing around waiting on the carrier less risk of product damage or injury to the carrier
    Some places, bodies are cheap, and machines, even simple machines, are not. When I was stationed in Turkey in the 80's, friends moved into a 7-story apartment building downtown in Adana, and on the top floor. The elevator was too small for their refrigerator. Old geezer carried it up the seven flights of stairs on his back. I don't think I could have done that then, and sure could not do it now. I don't think I ever saw a hand-truck/2-wheel cart while I was there, except maybe on the bases. Total of three years, two different bases.

Bill

Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by WmRMeyers View Post
    Some places, bodies are cheap, and machines, even simple machines, are not. When I was stationed in Turkey in the 80's, friends moved into a 7-story apartment building downtown in Adana, and on the top floor. The elevator was too small for their refrigerator. Old geezer carried it up the seven flights of stairs on his back. I don't think I could have done that then, and sure could not do it now. I don't think I ever saw a hand-truck/2-wheel cart while I was there, except maybe on the bases. Total of three years, two different bases.

Bill
    Depending on what part of the 80's you were there the dollar to the TL could have been anything from $1 USD to 50TL or $1 USD to 500TL. When I visited Ankara in 2003 I think is was around $1 USD to 1,000,000 TL then in Mesine later that year it was about the same but my last time to visit Turkey I think it was in 2011 they had chopped off 6 of the zeros but were mostly using the Euro by then. I made a lot of trips to Turkey over the span of about 25 years It amazed me to see how much the country changed every few years. Once at an international trade show in Istanbul I gave a young man 50 Euro to follow me around with his hand truck for the day, you'd have thought I'd given him 1000 dollars. At another trade show a few years later it took 300 Euro to hire someone to tag along and cart my purchases and other things.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks
    For all the time spent with three guys stacking and tweaking and tuning the load with the fourth guy watching there at least two guys that could be moving ten packs themselves...

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bob_3000 For This Useful Post:

Frank S (Dec 19, 2022)

Thread Information