Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Man cleans out storm drain - GIF

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by jdurand View Post
    We've worked with a food bank for many years, officially we can't give out "expired" stuff but in reality a lot gets to the people who need it. One of them works in a grocery store and has mentioned the people complaining about a wrinkled label, or they can't buy this box of salt because it expires today, etc. She said she's had to stop herself from saying she eats almost nothing but expired stuff and is fine...but that wouldn't go over well.
    I generally try not to be overly rude when encountering other shoppers in a grocery market. But there was one time in the produce section woman was pawing over every piece of fruit and vegetable in the section. Quite a few other patrons were somewhat impatiently waiting for her to move on so they could get what ever item they were wanting. I found myself waiting for her to complete her critical examination of some red and yellow bell peppers when finally I figured that she may spend half a day looking through every bell pepper on display.
    Excuse me ma-am but I doubt very seriously if you are going to find anything resembling the paintings of Professor Dennis Wojtkiewicz in this section would it be too rude of me to ask if I could make my selection while you are doing your almost forensic examination of those reds?
    She turned to wards me and right away I could tell that she would drown if caught out in a rain storm without some one holding an umbrella over her. Staring down the tip of her nose she harrumphed and asked who is Professor Dennis Wojtkiewicz?
    A professor at Bowling Green University who taught the art of painting the perfect fruit of vegetable, I figured you must have been one of his students the way you have been pawing every last item in the produce isle, are you planning on eating one of those bell peppers or are you going to paint a picture of it?
    with her nostrils flaring and even higher up in the air if that were possible she said, Well I Never!
    No I don't suppose you have

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

jdurand's Tools
    We'd like to know how "Ancient Himalayan Sea Salt" has an expiration date. It's ok if it's 2 million years old, but add one more year and you have to toss it out.

I have found that cans of soup that expired in 2012 sometimes have settled to where you really have to stir them back together. But I'm still here, perfectly sane and haven't seen a doctor in years.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    I know exactly what the previous 2 posters are saying! I used to work in the oil patch & “the craze” started there at least 15 years ago about installing alcohol wipe/hand dispensers in every building! I have NEVER used one & will not just because of my experience.
    I was raised on an ordinary farm in west central Alberta. I acquired a 40 acre parcel of land on which to live. Being of farm background, I do not like to see land wasted by being idle. Well the emu/ostrich craze got to me & I decided ostrich. The cheapest way to get into this business seemed to be to hatch eggs that were purchased. Myself & others in a 200 km. radius tried hatching & raising w/o success for anyone. The chicks would only live a few weeks, until the yolk sac disappeared & they would slowly waste away. Facilities that were build were VERY SANITARY, pressured wash & sanitized. NO LUCK!
    It just so happened that two couples from our group were taking a vacation to Egypt/Israel & the raise a lot of birds there. We all chipped in & paid for part of their expenses if the would do some “snooping” as to why they had so much success raising birds.
    The long story short was that us Albertans were killing our chicks with “kindness”. We were keeping the chicks “bacteria free”.....birds need bacteria to digest their food!
    We found that feeding a newly hatched chick some fresh feces would introduce it’s intestines to the correct bacteria to digest the food for survival. The problem was solved & a very “in face” lesson for humans. Injections of vaccine for various diseases are actually a minute “taste” of that disease so that our body can develop resistance!
    Sorry for the “long winded” explaination.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wildwilly For This Useful Post:

Frank S (Jan 10, 2020), jdurand (Jan 10, 2020), Toolmaker51 (Jul 20, 2022)

Thanks
    Sorry, but I meant the posts from “jdurand & Frank S”!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wildwilly For This Useful Post:

Frank S (Jan 10, 2020)

Thanks

jdurand's Tools
    Femeted things are GOOD for us. We grow our own kefir and have some every day, we make saurkraut, pickles, sourdough all using the "stuff" in the air here (except for the kefir, had to get a starter for that).

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information