Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Man fires shotgun with one hand - GIF

Thanks

WmRMeyers's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosiersmoker View Post
    Looking at this again it looks like the first barrel shot made it fly toward his face and the second barrel shot burried it into his nose. I saw a guy that almost ripped his nose off with a .44 trying to "Dirty Harry" it. This recoil from the first round made the hammer hit his nose then he involuntarily squeezed off a second round which nearly took off the rest of his nose... LOTS of blood! He's luck the barrel was still pointing away from his head!
    That is a pump shotgun, it only fired one round. You're hearing echoes of the buildings around him. I have fired a 10ga. 3-1/2" magnum shotgun one handed. My left arm was in a cast, and I rested the butt of the shotgun against my buddy's old Chevy truck. Left a dent about 1-1/2 inches deep and a foot across in the fender where I rested it. Two .69cal punkin balls. By weight, not a terribly hot load for that gun. What he's shooting looks like a 12 ga., and a 1-1/8ounce load would be normal for it. Or one .69cal. punkin ball. Pretty sure he will NEVER make that mistake again.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Another Darwin Awards honorable mention.

2000 Tool Plans

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    I bought a shotgun with a factory pistol grip like that. Took it to the range to function check it and about 2-3 rounds was all I fired. It was miserable and I had a good 2-hand hold on it. I think it temporarily loosened some of my teeth!

Ordered a MagPul adjustable stock for it. Mossberg called it a Cruiser. I called it "dynamite on a short stick!"
    Last edited by tlnixon; Dec 18, 2021 at 07:10 PM. Reason: added additional information

Thanks

mlochala's Tools
    Napoleon Dynamite got pwned by that boomstick.

Thanks

WmRMeyers's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by mlochala View Post
    Napoleon Dynamite got pwned by that boomstick.
    You ain't lyin'.

Bill

Thanks

mlochala's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by WmRMeyers View Post
    You ain't lyin'.

Bill
    I can't say much. I have a Browning BAR in 30-06 caliber that has pwned me a couple of times, and that's with me holding it properly. I killed a deer with it many years - pretty impressive shot, if I do say so myself (225 yards free-handed, base of the skull) - and after recovering the deer, I discovered I had a nice bloody ring around my right eye from the scope.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information