Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Massive car bomb explosion in abandoned city block - GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,789 Times in 9,904 Posts

Massive car bomb explosion in abandoned city block - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

durrelltn (May 14, 2022), NortonDommi (May 13, 2022), nova_robotics (May 12, 2022), rlm98253 (May 12, 2022), Sleykin (Jun 18, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,788 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    I wonder if the GPS got the guy lost and he just said the heck with it and exploded it anyway.

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Among New Mexico Tech's in Socorro specialties is high explosives (https://www.nmt.edu/academics/mecheng/graduate-1.php). They have campus off the highway on the way to Magdelena, (which btw is on the way to the VLA radiotelescope a worthy visit). There they conducted multiple tests of IED in various autos in order to develop a signature library.
    Chemists study to make drugs or to make explosives. Yeehaw.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neilbourjaily For This Useful Post:

Floradawg (May 14, 2022), Frank S (May 12, 2022), NortonDommi (May 13, 2022)

Thanks

NortonDommi's Tools
    So some useful stuff is taught in university then?

Thanks

MeJasonT's Tools
    abandoned city block ? looks more like a war zone

Massive car bomb explosion in abandoned city block - GIF-1200x675_cmsv2_397f7b7a-9414-50f4-9d51-b8c48ece93a7-6564582.jpg

like Mariupol in Ukraine, see
    Last edited by MeJasonT; May 13, 2022 at 07:08 AM.
    Citizen of the "New democratic" Republic of Britain, liberated from the EuroNation

Thanks

NeiljohnUK's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by NortonDommi View Post
    Yep, we have an explosives lab on campus, with some interesting vent arrangements should something go bang, though historically most such labs have been damaged by simple arithmetic errors leading to larger and/or more unstable mixtures going bang. Our lab is currently in use as an office as the chemist who it was built for was forced to resign having offended the head of the art department in the Universities Health and Safety committee meeting he was chairing, following yet another preventable INCIDENT (not an accident) involving lifting equipment and the departments poor management. I also know some of the team who work at Porton Down's EX-PADs where new explosives and related work are tested.

Thanks

MeJasonT's Tools
    we have the (was) Centrica test facility just down the road from us https://www.dnv.com/oilgas/laborator...spadeadam.html. I went to an interesting talk on the work they do and how the site came about. Strange thing is not a great deal of explosive testing took place on civilian explosions until the early 80s. Piper Alpha rig disaster was what triggered it. The research went into why the explosions propagated the way they did and how such explosions could be contained or diverted in future disasters in order to provide safe refuge for the rig workers. Their research led to both open space and diverted/segmented space investigations. an explosion traveling through an open space dissipates quite easily with very little force behind it. Put a few sections of 4" pipe and some bends and bracketry in there and the explosions increased in magnitude. The range is currently testing a new form of natural gas for use in homes which is alleged to be greener and the use of hydrogen gas for heating homes. there particular experience being in finding the risk factors involved in explosions within the domestic fuel supply network and within the home. From what i gleaned from the talk the last documented research was linked to the H bomb and the military use of explosives during the cold war.
    Citizen of the "New democratic" Republic of Britain, liberated from the EuroNation

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    https://nmt.edu/gradstudies/docs/NMT_grad_brochure.pdf

Take a look at the graduate programs brochure above. They're deeply involved in mining engineering, which involves the judicious use of explosives. For TV fans, many of the myth Busters episodes were filmed there using the rocket sled among other things.
    Last edited by neilbourjaily; May 14, 2022 at 12:43 PM.

Thanks

Floradawg's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by neilbourjaily View Post
    Among New Mexico Tech's in Socorro specialties is high explosives (https://www.nmt.edu/academics/mecheng/graduate-1.php). They have campus off the highway on the way to Magdelena, (which btw is on the way to the VLA radiotelescope a worthy visit). There they conducted multiple tests of IED in various autos in order to develop a signature library.
    Chemists study to make drugs or to make explosives. Yeehaw.
    I visited the VLA when I went NM on vacation. They said Jody Foster was a real bitch.
    Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.

Thanks

NortonDommi's Tools
    I was being factitious. Of course their is, all of the STEMM subjects. If anyone wonders about the extra 'M' I consider music to be a Trade, a calling and a passion. I'm unfortunately not gifted but know those that are and when it comes to orchestra musicians have to study incredibly hard for many, many years to be accepted. My life is easier for their work.

Thread Information