Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: MVP Model 3 Triphibian amphibious recreational aircraft - photos

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,819 Times in 9,923 Posts

MVP Model 3 Triphibian amphibious recreational aircraft - photos

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

carloski (Jun 6, 2022), nova_robotics (Jun 6, 2022)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,148 Times in 619 Posts

nova_robotics's Tools
    I had to look this one up. It looks cool, but I think this particular project stalled out at the mockup/render stages 7 years ago. The MVP.Aero website is still up, but very broken.

https://mvp.aero/

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by nova_robotics View Post
    I had to look this one up. It looks cool, but I think this particular project stalled out at the mockup/render stages 7 years ago. The MVP.Aero website is still up, but very broken.

https://mvp.aero/
    If you go to the FAQ section of their site then scroll down, they are asked and answer a lot of questions but I found nothing on their past or current financial status so far
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,148 Times in 619 Posts

nova_robotics's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    If you go to the FAQ section of their site then scroll down, they are asked and answer a lot of questions but I found nothing on their past or current financial status so far
    Everything in the FAQ is future tense. Lots of "will be", "working toward" and of other hand wavy stuff talking about a future design. Also from the FAQ:

What method are you using to ensure the wings lock after unfolding – how strong is the mechanism?

It will be engineered and tested properly.
    Uh oh.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by nova_robotics View Post
    Everything in the FAQ is future tense. Lots of "will be", "working toward" and of other hand wavy stuff talking about a future design. Also from the FAQ:

Uh oh.
    I noticed that as well. I tried to go to the couple of "partnered manufactures" one was a null site the other didn't show or have any mention of the MVP. Reminds me of many of the start ups that never get going We're going to be the greatest, we will have this and this and this, we have manufactures onboard around the globe yada, yada. Like a project I have been working on for nearly 3 years my partner makes all of these big talks of how we will have to hire a dozen people and how he can have a nationwide dealership network set up, we're going to have to build 2000 of the machines in our first year of production, I'll build us a huge state of the art factory and equip it with all CNC equipment yada, yada, yada, I just tell him I've been party to both types of businesses those that grew too fast with no root system to cary them through bad economic times to me those companies are like a white willow tree grows fast can develop lots of roots but are all shallow and subject to being blown over by the wind, and other companies that are slower to get going but are built on a solid foundation with a strong support network, can weather through bad economic times then thrive when things get better I call them Hickory tree corps. Slow growing have deep strong roots, extremely tough and resilient to disease when they are healthy. If given a choice I would rather our project be like a Hickory tree than the willow. The product will not be advertised for sale until I am satisfied I have done all I can think of to make it safe long lasting and as trouble free as possible. He took it to show the Patent owner last week who in turn said the next thing that needs to be done is start selling them it has his blessings but not mine as of yet because it has not been put through the rigorous testing that I know the end user is going to put it through.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thread Information