One of the chores the wife had on the list of TO Do's for the December holidays, were clean the pedestal fan. Remember December is our summer so all the visitors would inspect the fan blades to see if there was any dust on them. Well long story short, I managed to break one of the blades off.
Being a hoarder I packed the broken fan away. It had a perfectly good motor in it.
It is almost winter now so that means hunting season. My old case cleaner was a plastic container with a sealable lid on one side of a plank and an old washing machine motor on the other side with a piece of lead attached to one of the cooling fins. This contraption would then be loaded with the abrasion media and cases and suspended from the garage ceiling by means of a few old bicycle tubes. This lot them vibrated to a few hours and I ended up with some nice shiny brass.
I saw an idea on Youtube there a round plastic container was rotated on little casters and a small electrical motor was used to power the casters.
Last week end I jumped onto the CAD and came up with this idea. I am just powering the container directly. I also incorporated the fan's multy speed switch. Not because I think it is necessary to vary the speed, but simply because it was there and the wiring was neatly crimped.
I have glued in some ribs inside the container to ensure the media tumbles and is not just sliding inside the container. The container is an energy drink container. I have lots of them as I do a fair amount of cycling. I can now even store the cases in batches that has been fired the same amount of times in these containers.