Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: need wiring help with 2 direction motor

Thanks

need wiring help with 2 direction motor

wanting to use a motor salvaged from a dishwasher to power a honey extractor..... I don't need both directions, but do want it to run without overheating or burning up!!

original wiring diagram/timer chart shows....
    green = ground
    White = L2 (neutral)

all rest feed from L1 (hot) through timer..

blue stripe = run enable..... seems to be on whenever running in either direction
    brown and yellow = one "wash" other "drain" seems powered one at a time, continuous for function.

I did not find the wiring until after the machine was long gone.... but seems the blue stripe (run enable) was fed through a "start relay"

If I connect ground and white..... then power to blue... sit and hum until power (briefly) to either brown or yellow starts the motor (one each direction) and will continue to run....

So is this a dependable way to run it?? will it be durable?? or should the power continue on the direction wire?? use direction wire to run and pulse "run enable" to start only??
    advice needed....

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    I mention this out of ignorance, am positive that there are folks here that can help much more. Is this a capacitor start motor?? If so you may need a capacitor for start up. Just a random mental emission.
    Eric

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by suther51 View Post
    I mention this out of ignorance, am positive that there are folks here that can help much more. Is this a capacitor start motor?? If so you may need a capacitor for start up. Just a random mental emission.
    Eric
    I don't think there is a capacitor involved.... the motor will start... in both directions but my main concern is to be able to run it for several minutes at a time under load and without burning it up....

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information