Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: New guy here looking

Thanks

New guy here looking

Hey ya'll. Im another new guy here. Ive been perusing the site and I thing its awesome. There's many many great ideas Id like to try sometime if I ever get the time.What Im wondering is has anyone ever tried building an ATV stand kinda like this one here:New guy here looking-bw-1000a-xw-atv__1.jpgor similar.Thanks alot.ive lookes all over the site but cant find anything that might work.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Supporting Member
    Thanks

wizard69's Tools
    I haven’t seen anything similar but that doesn’t mean a DIY solution doesn’t exist. The big problems with these types of lifts is getting the mechanical engineering right and designing in acceptable safety devices.

To be honest if I had the need to put such machines on a table I’d find myself a gantry crane. Combined with a strong steel table (think welding table) you would have a lot of vesartility and safety.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

Me again

Quote Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post
    I haven’t seen anything similar but that doesn’t mean a DIY solution doesn’t exist. The big problems with these types of lifts is getting the mechanical engineering right and designing in acceptable safety devices.

To be honest if I had the need to put such machines on a table I’d find myself a gantry crane. Combined with a strong steel table (think welding table) you would have a lot of vesartility and safety.
    Yea,a short maybe 24 or 30" would be fine and a set of ramps to drive it up on would proly be more like it and a heckofalot easier to fab I think.Ive seen some table lifts they built with lumber but to me that's just asking for trouble!

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information