Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: New here because of many duplicates in newsletter

Thanks

New here because of many duplicates in newsletter

New here. Have been reading the newsletter for a couple of years.

I have one problem that makes me consider canceling my subscription. There are so many duplicates in the newsletter. What I mean is that if you have not read the newsletter for a week or two, and read through them all, about half of them are duplicates.

For example, the newsletter from Nov 4 is exactly identical to the newsletter from Nov 6. And Oct 28 and 30 as well. Nov 22 and Nov 24. Nov 19 and Nov 21. Just to mention the few I see on a quick glance. It seems like the newsletters come once more after two days.

I would rather just get one newsletter a week, than having to read the same one again, two days later.

Can you fix this?

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,971 Times in 11,378 Posts
    Hi Snurkel - welcome to HomemadeTools.net

I think our mailer is setup to re-send if the newsletter wasn't opened after 2 days. Could that be the issue here?

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Hi, that could be it. I have too many newsletters, so I usually don't have the time to read them more than once a week or so. Is it possible to adjust the settings so that I won't receive as many newsletters? Or one digest of all week's newsletters?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I think our mailer is setup to re-send if the newsletter wasn't opened after 2 days. Could that be the issue here?
    It seems like this is the problem. Is it possible to turn this setting off?

The mailing list is interesting to read, as long as you have the time to read it every day, but now I haven't had the time to look at the newsletter for a week, and my mailbox is spammed with lots and lots of newletters. So many, in fact, that I deleted them all, because I know half of them are duplicates.

I don't like that my mailbox gets filled with duplicate newsletters as soon as I don't read them for a few days (in my case it often happen that I don't read them for a week or two - in which case most of the emails in my mailbox are duplicate newsletter emails)...

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,971 Times in 11,378 Posts
    In your case, you might want to just unsub from the daily newsletter. We've started featuring the top newsletter entries (usually around 75%) on the homepage, so it might be easier to just surf the homepage for new stuff.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information