Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: New knuckle Head

Thanks

New knuckle Head

Nice to be here I like what I have seen and sure I will learn a lot for a retired fart.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    Hi Bill,

Welcome!

You're certainly in good company here on that score. What sort of work did you do and how long have you been retired?

What's next up on your build list?

Ken

2000 Tool Plans

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,654 Posts
    Hello Bill, glad to have you here!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DIYer For This Useful Post:

Bill Dancliff (May 28, 2015)

Thanks

Cool New Knucklehead Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dancliff View Post
    Nice to be here I like what I have seen and sure I will learn a lot for a retired fart.
    I retired 3 years ago after wasting my youth in school. Then floating paper airplanes then emails and standup dog and pony shows for other corporate dingbats trying to prove how important we all were. As long as the profits are on the +Y axis the share holders are happy and we all stay employed.
    I worked in manufacturing of computers, rockets, and other military killing machines sold to other fun countries to keep the neighborhood quiet.
    Now I spend my time trying to relive what I enjoyed as a young turk working on old worn out neglected orphan motorcycles welding and grinding and learning basic machining skills so I can make bushings and shafts and other stuff that is to hard to replace or too costly to buy.
    I figure if I could afford to buy all the parts where is the challenge?. I should just go to Las Vegas and gamble since what fun is buying instead of building which gives us the opportunity to make modifications and do some so called customization. I really live by the dying belief that "necessity is the Mother of invention".
    I have always wanted a big belt grinder to make a big shiny knife. I really love the look of Damascus Steel ever since I was a ten year old when by Grandfather let me polish his old L.C. Smith double barrel 16 gauge shotgun. Now I wonder if I have the time left to make those memories come alive.

Thanks
    Even thinking about the corporate dog & pony dance gives me the shivers. Never again.

We'd love to see some of the motorcycle work you're doing - and you might also enjoy our BikeBuilds.net site.

If you enjoy Damascus steel (and who doesn't?!?), you'll love this Damascus Axe. Unfortunately, those gorgeous old shotguns are generally considered unsafe to fire nowadays, but will always be beautiful works of the gunsmith's art.

Ken

Thanks
    Ken

I have been following the Bike Build site and really like what I see. I have several bikes that are in various stages and only one running which is a 73 Honda Z50 that I have installed a 72cc 1981 Passport engine. It is semi auto so the grand kids can use it but I am also rebuilding an SL70 4-speed engine that may replace the automatic eventually. The short list= 81 GS1000 shaft drive that has been stretched 5", 1986 Kaw. GPSX1A 1000, 1967 BSA A65. 1973 Honda CL175 Scrambler complete barn find, 1977 Honda XL75 in process, 2 each 1980 Suzuki JR50 i is complete and a 1981 GS550 Barn fresh runner that is getting a hydraulic clutch actuator.
    Well I am headed to the shop.
    Later, Bill

Thanks
    Hey Bill,

Thanks for the kind words about the BikeBuilds site; glad you've been enjoying it.

You've got a great set of two-wheeled projects there. Post some pics when you get a chance.

Hope you have a more productive day in the shop than I've had lately. I really need to get busy out there if my current project is ever going to be done.

Ken

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information