Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: New to the Site.

Thanks

Cool New to the Site.

Hi all,
    I stumbled onto this site quite by accident and knew I had to join. I have been a automotive, diesel, and construction equipment mechanic since I was 15, I taught Vocational Education at a community college in an adjunct position (that's part time) for about ten years, worked for a power company for over thirty years (now preparing for retirement) and have been, according to my parents and my very patient wife of 39 years, a hopeless mechanical junkie all of my life. Hobbies and passions include building cars, bikes, woodworking, restoring old tools, building my own tools and anything else that I can use my hands for. I have also enjoyed working with and for friends and other acquaintances in their various trades, usually for free or for little compensation just so I could learn something about these trades, something I have never regretted in-spite of the usual "sucker" comments. Never claimed to master any of these other trades but I learned enough to get things done correctly. Hope to have my new shop completed by next year at this time so I can spend the rest of my mediocre life using my limited skills for the things I truly enjoy and to also teach my grandsons what I know about using your hands for something other than silly electronic games and acts of self-pleasure. Currently most of my tools and machinery are in a storage facility while we are building our new place, which has caused me to suffer from mechanical withdrawals. Here's hoping this website will keep me sustained until that time.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,096 Times in 11,422 Posts
    Hi hubrisdick - welcome to HomemadeTools.net

Sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun with that new shop. What's next up on your projects list?

2000 Tool Plans

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,858 Times in 1,658 Posts
    Mechanical junkie? Plenty of those here, hubrisdick! Welcome to the forums.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information