Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Not So Newbee

Thanks

Not So Newbee

Hi, I've been a member for a couple of years, but mainly observing. While lots of the posts are for metal working, I was almost going to move on. Tonight I saw the categories... I've been missing a lot.! I mainly work with wood. Metal is a rare medium, and I don't weld. But I like DIY. After retiring and moving, I made a new workbench.... Inspired from what I saw as a 'superbench', with space under for drawers and two levels for milk crate storage. It has two vices, one a metal workers vice the other a carpenters vice. Both are restored Columbia vices. I have a thing for old tools . Pictures I have... I should post them.

My next big thing is to make a portable power tool bench. Most of my work I take outside in the driveway when its sunny. My Craftsman table saw sits on a roller platform, but I want a home for a router, drill press, table saw, grinder/sharpener, an old circular sander, etc etc etc. The inspiration came from a gentleman in Cyprus... making a small 60" workbench to hold all his power tools... A work of art...Its on Instructables.com

The Smallest Workshop in the World: 15 Steps (with Pictures)

glad to be here

Phil

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,795 Times in 11,326 Posts
    Hi Phil - welcome to HomemadeTools.net

That mini workshop is cool, and looks fairly easy to build. I like how you would get to work outside. Besides our Categories page, you can also see even more fine-grained organization by tags here: Homemade Tools Tags - HomemadeTools.net

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information