Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: One of those days

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Stevohdee's Tools
    Haha, we need bags with zips on the bottom as well as tops!?!? And wallets that dont hide stuff from us! My man bag is a backpack

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stevohdee For This Useful Post:

Paul Jones (Jun 15, 2018), PJs (Jun 14, 2018), thehomeengineer (Jun 15, 2018)

PJs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 718 Posts

PJs's Tools
    Stevohdee, busted me up on your earlier one...Is that AKA a PacMan bag?

Been pondering this since the thread started and had a sharp eye out for Any Mischief in the air since starting to talk about it, which might bring it forward into my reality.

It dawned on me the other day (and I'm no theoretic physicist or mathematician...only a dabbler), that perhaps there there is a correlation to one tiny thing being in two places at the same time (Quantum Superposition) and bigger things could if we just didn't look at them because Schrödinger's cat was/is/going to be playing with the other one and the one at hand "seems" to disappears because we are looking for it, in order to hide from the cat. Perhaps that thing we can't see now is changed to a one dimensional Particle, AKA String (String Theory) as a Cat avoidance mechanism which brings us to the AdS/CFT correspondence, which creates Tessellation of the hyperbolic planes between the missing object, it's counterpart and where the Cat may be at any given moment in space/time of the anti-de Sitter space.

This is also known as the ADHD/CRS correspondence, which states in simpler terms: that because you are focused so tightly on something and bouncing around in your noodle solving life's other mysteries simultaneously that Schrödinger's little buddy stealthily sneaks in and grabs the counterpart and bloink the other one turns one dimensional and the pour old trifocals have no value in the one dimensional arena, hence giving you instant CRS.

As for a solution to this dilemma, and it's only a theory at this point and barely tested yet. I found that just at that twilight point of going Zen on a project you whistle a little ditty at the right frequencies (string theory is based on vibration), it shifts the Cat into another anti-de Sitter space to bug someone else's stuff. I haven't fully correlated Quantum superposition and String yet but know there is a connection Somehow, Somewhen, and Somewhere...but I may be blowin' the proverbial smoke out me ars while whistling dixie.

Watched a TED talk the other day from a brilliant lady who said her license plate says; Cogito ergo...Zooom Guess it just stuck...

PJ

2000 Tool Plans
    Last edited by PJs; Jun 14, 2018 at 11:34 PM.
    ‘‘Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.’’
    Mark Twain

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PJs For This Useful Post:

Frank S (Jun 15, 2018), Paul Jones (Jun 15, 2018)

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Stevohdee's Tools
    Thanks for that pj, message came through when man bag mate was here, good timing, laughed our heads off, dam cats!!
    So last week was milling material flat about 5/8" with a 3/4 four flute and forgot to lock z up, grab, bzz, rattle, dug in about 40thou, scared the #¿÷\ outa me. A few days later was milling the jaws even on a cheap milling vice somewhat on edge. Used a re-sharpened hsss cutter coz didnt want to ruin a carbide. Speed.. Check, feed rate.. Check, z locked.. Check, all good so gently start cutting, stress level high, concentration high, hand ready near stop button... BANG!!?? Dam cat knocked my coffee cup off the bench behind me.... Grrrrr

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stevohdee For This Useful Post:

Paul Jones (Jun 15, 2018), PJs (Jun 15, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,785 Times in 4,206 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    PJ this just keeps getting better, One has to wonder if Schrödinger was postulating about the EPR article, or had he in actuality read a science fiction novel that was not even written yet (The cat who walks through walls)(circa 1985) Perhaps he was one of the characters of the novel who happened to have been left behind in our reality by Lazarus of the time police.
    Ponder this everything we are everything we were, everything we will ever be may be nothing more that the writings of the imagination of some being. does anything actually exist when we are not looking at it or hearing it torching it smelling it or thinking about it. If you were to be placed in a sealed room and completely deprived of any sensory perceptions other than your thoughts and left there could you unequivocally prove that anything existed outside of that room. or did it suddenly become a perception of reality once you were let out.
    If we are looking at an object but not thinking about it do we see it or is it even there. Its dark outside and I cannot see anything beyond my window is my shop out there how can I prove that it is since I can't see it feel it hear it or smell it without going outside I merely believe that it is out there. But possibly it is nothing more than some of my lucid dreams that I sometimes have while sleeping that always appear to advance though my relaxed state of subconsciousness. the problem with them is I sometimes have them while being awake not a remembrance of 1 I had the night before but a continuation of it
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

Supporting Member thehomeengineer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,068 Times in 407 Posts

thehomeengineer's Tools
    Hi PJs
    I will give it ago once I understand it lol
    The offending item that started this thread turned up the other day in a draw full of springs. This has now been used on another project I am working on and is welded in place so if I loose it again I am in trouble because it is attached to a piece of I beam. About 6" x 12" x 4" (try and hide know you little sucker lol)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thehomeengineer For This Useful Post:

PJs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 718 Posts

PJs's Tools
    Yup, Better and Better...

Stevohdee, As I mentioned earlier I prefer big cats for that very reason. I can keep them in my peripheral vision, but they do require more food, and yet agitative neighbors seem to be abundant out here and they generally don't jump up on the bench. Might give the twilight thing a try, using a dity with predominant A, C, & D notes with a couple of G's in the chorus.

If I'm not mistaken Midsummer Nights Dream, Act 5, Scene 1 came well before Schrödinger, EPR and even Heinlein's multiverse and time corp...yet one could postulate with string theory and an 11 dimensional multiverse there may be circular reference shenanigans going on as well, that we just haven't seen yet because we don't know what, how, where or when to look at yet. Goodness knows Lazarus could actually be Shakespeare in both places simultaneously and Visa Versa...kind of a Reincarnation scenario on steroid strings...theoretically. The additional conundrum is that of E.E. Doc Smith's timing in the mix of the day, that perhaps Seaton with his sixth order projector and the help of the Norlaminian's actually created a Möbius vortex, of multiversal magnitude and we are too busy looking at the hole to see the doughnut¿

However, I will say that I have been working on another theory involving Tachyon's for a long time now and believe strongly that it has merit for the correlation of mind/matter/existence and how that works, but it's not ready for prime time science journals or even this wonderful forum yet...soon maybe, maybe not, as the one scientist I had been following disappeared along with his test device and papers. I sure hope it was the Normalinian's and not Blackie DuQuesne!

Good on you thehomeengineer, I hope the beam works out but be aware the forces at work here are of magnitude and Mystery.

My latest mystery happened yesterday. Been feeling a bit poorly the last few days and we were out on the back deck sit'n quiet enjoying the critters and sounds and the early summer evening. I was looking at the space between top of the big oak and the blue sky I was kind of mutating on it all and started seeing these little sparkles jittering about..."Holy Kadoodle am I seeing Tachyon's or having some kind of silent migraine or about to stroke out"... I told my wife about it and described it to her and she just said; You're just seeing Chi...soak it in...Doh! Instantly I felt better and still do today. Perhaps Chi and Tachyon's work together in this manifestation...and after all these years of eclectic practice and science, quite the Doh! moment.

Till Then I'll be keepin on keepin on, with an eye on those mischievous little bugger fairies.

PJ
    ‘‘Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.’’
    Mark Twain

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PJs For This Useful Post:

Paul Jones (Jun 15, 2018)

Supporting Member Philip Davies's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 343 Posts

Philip Davies's Tools
    This happens to me a lot. I always have several things in process, with limited space, but spread it out as much as I dare.
    I blame myself a great deal, because I have never acquired what I imagine is proper working practices.
    However, it is good practice to make an extra component or two, not because you might lose one, but because of cock-ups. Or because of defects undetected, like in timber.
    Secondly, it is apparent that women generally are better at seeing things close to hand, whereas generally men are better at detecting things, especially movement, at a distance. So if your wife is amenable, I would say it is good practice also to call for help.

Thanks

jdurand's Tools
    My wife is an excellent finder of things, including telling a store clerk the item fell into the bucket near his left foot... when we had no way to see or know he had a bucket back there.

In recent years I've learned how to "ping" a search off her, I can ask where it is and then get back the image before she can say anything.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information