Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Phenolic resin faced plywood

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Ozone has received a bad rap in the news media as a form of air pollution on hot often humid days in cities with high concentrations of stale air loaded with airborne particles another words the buzz word used to be called smog, another poorly understood word. since true smog is a concentration of fog and pollution particles. But saying the air today is is a high pressure mass of stale hot & humid loaded with X,Y.Z, particles, with High UV levels would take too much time to explain and no one would understand what they are saying anyway Hence smog or ozone is inserted.
    Ozone can be generated in several ways but being unstable due to the weak molecular bond caused by the introduction of the 3rd atom of oxygen as a gas it is short lived and dissipates rapidly both in the air as well as in water.one way to generate ozone is by bombardment of high intensity of ultraviolet light another is cold plasma Not sure how that is performed. lastly by hot spark. think of how the air smells during or right after a huge thunder & lightning storm it smell sweet and pure but quickly goes away.
    Ozone is used in extreme cases to treat advanced forms of some cancers since it has been studied and known to kill all pathogens, bacteria, and fungi, it can also destroy cancer cells but may destroy healthy cells as well.My non medical opinion is that the healthy cells being destroyed were not healthy at all but being that ozone is an oxident it destroys anti-oxidents in the body. We need both anti-oxidents and oxidents in our bodies to live they just need to be in balance too much of 1 is just as bad as not enough of the other. high levels of anti oxidents kill free radicals but low levels of oxidents will not promote the growth of new cells properly.
    That's my opinion and i'm stuck with it right,write, or wrong.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

Paul Jones (Apr 2, 2018), ranald (Apr 3, 2018)

Thanks
    Try Woodcraft. They sell phenolic faced plywood in small sizes. If you have a store close to you, that will save on shipping. Good luck. It's expensive.
    https://www.woodcraft.com/products/p...SABEgJUh_D_BwE

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdsc For This Useful Post:

Paul Jones (Apr 2, 2018), PJs (Apr 4, 2018)

Thanks
    Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your somewhat humorous candor on the situation. It's definitely a negative in continuing to try and adjust to living and working in my GF's existing house. Her barn/garage with no floor has less humidity issues, but no power. Solutions won't be cheap.

Thanks
    Since these surfaces are the tops of woodworking tools, I would like to not use paint, or even pressure treated. At least not until I've tried other ideas

Thanks
    I'm not seeing MDO at Home Depot or Lowe's or my local lumber/hdwe store anymore. There is a specialty lumber place, but not open on Saturday when I'm not working, I may have to try calling them.. Thanks for your reply.

Thanks
    Ok, good idea, we do have a woodcraft store. But it sure is pricey and not in stock at this store so there will likely be shipping costs. oh well.

Thanks
    hmm... sounds like solutions for after the basement is flooded. hopefully it won't come to that. Thanks for your reply...

Thanks
    thanks for the tips!

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information