Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: PID control for your machines: do you know how it works?

Thanks

Claudio HG's Tools

PID control for your machines: do you know how it works?

Hi everybody, I'm not sure this is the right section for this post, but I think many that makes their machines driven with speed regulated motors would find interesting my post. Speed regulated motors, but also other applications where a control is in place to actuate a desired set point such as a temperature control, necessarily need a PID control. Often this piece of electronics is already present into a regulator such as a motor driver, in other occasions one may buy a separate PID control, in particular when the actuation is performed through relais and not linearly through an electronic driver. In either case understanding how this component works gives insides that come helpful both for the selection of the PID to buy and/or to achieve the best adjustment for your equipment.

Below you can see a conceptual schematic of an analog PID control, but I've made a video that should be suitable even if you are a complete noob in electronics where I go through describing why we use PID controls, what they are and how they works.
    I hope you will find it useful and enjoyable.

P.s. Colors has nothing to do with Ukraine. They just happen to be vaguely similar with their flag, but I use these colors from the inception of my channel years ago.

PID control for your machines: do you know how it works?-schematic4.png

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Claudio HG For This Useful Post:

astroscuba (Mar 28, 2023), basil3w (Mar 27, 2023), Inner (Mar 27, 2023), Jon (Apr 1, 2023), Sleykin (Mar 27, 2023)

Thread Information