Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Powered orange zester - GIF

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,616 Times in 11,283 Posts

Powered orange zester - GIF

Powered zester. Looks a little gimmicky at first, but zesting is actually really tedious, and it's difficult to evenly zest an orange, especially without mangling it a bit. But perhaps it's not the zesting that's most difficult, but the even turning.

This is analogous to using a bench motor vs. a handheld electric drill.

Previously:

Pomegranate de-seeding machine - GIF and video
    Bell pepper de-corer de-seeder machine - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

dubbby (Apr 2, 2020), PJs (Nov 27, 2018), Seedtick (Nov 26, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    I need to rig up one of those for zesting Limes for when I take a notion to make myself some lime Sherbet

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

PJs (Nov 27, 2018)

PJs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 718 Posts

PJs's Tools
    I have the idea they are making zest for dried spices...that is a lot of Zest! It's a simple idea for a tedious task. I personally would spin the motor the other direction and work from the bottom (or from the other side ) so as not to clog the microplane. It would also allow you to see your tracking and depth better. Then next door to the zest machine would be the juicing station to utilize it all.

I make a tangerine sorbet sometimes and it take a couple of hours to prep it all...but when fresh it's the best. Just add Dairy and Voila Sherbet!
    ‘‘Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.’’
    Mark Twain

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by PJs View Post
    I have the idea they are making zest for dried spices...that is a lot of Zest! It's a simple idea for a tedious task. I personally would spin the motor the other direction and work from the bottom (or from the other side ) so as not to clog the microplane. It would also allow you to see your tracking and depth better. Then next door to the zest machine would be the juicing station to utilize it all.

I make a tangerine sorbet sometimes and it take a couple of hours to prep it all...but when fresh it's the best. Just add Dairy and Voila Sherbet!
    Absolutely; ANyone who has never tasted fresh made don't know what they have missed. the same goes for other favorite foods of mine Tacos for one I sometimes get a wild hair and decide to press my own tortillas but I like to add mesquite bean flour to the mix or just make Indian fry bread. My great grandmother was half Cherokee half German Her Husband was 3/4 Comanche his father half Comanche half Swede, Making my dad's mom one those who were brought up knowing the old ways of cooking As a younling I used to love going to her house just to get to smell the aromas of the different things she baked. My mom and her mom learned to bake the way my other grandmother baked. So it became a family traditional way to cook Anytime you can get 4 of more old ways cooks to agree on something each learning from the other you always win in the stomach I just wish that I had been more interested in the how when I was young back then all I wanted to know was when do we eat. But through the years I have taught myself a few of the old ways as best as I could.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

PJs (Nov 28, 2018)

Thread Information