Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Prison break in Italy over coronavirus restrictions - GIF

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,829 Times in 11,334 Posts

Prison break in Italy over coronavirus restrictions - GIF

Italy prison break over coronavirus restrictions. I thought it was fake (or from an unrelated previous event), but there it is on the homepage of Italy's two largest newspapers: https://www.corriere.it/ and https://www.repubblica.it/. Use Google Translate or your browser's translate function to verify.

Previously:

Coronavirus disinfection mini-tank - GIF
    Getting a haircut in the coronavirus era - video
    Coronavirus disinfecting tunnel - video
    Coronavirus body temp scanner in police helmet - GIF
    Coronavirus sanitizing button presser from lighter - photo
    China rapidly building coronavirus hospital - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by Jon; Mar 10, 2020 at 05:10 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

nova_robotics (Jun 4, 2022), Rangi (Mar 9, 2020), Scotsman Hosie (Mar 15, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,788 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    We make a lot of jokes about the corona virus here in the US and as always our Politian's and news media have to weaponize it to make one side or the other side look foolish. However all jokes aside it will turn out in the end that quick and decisive action made may be a determining factor which allows us to joke about it. Like it or not many Americans have such diminutive immunities that a common cold can kill them. Then there is the common sense factor many don't have any.
    In some countries the virus has been much wors than in other countries although certainly not as dibilatating as the current flew straing going around this year or in any of the previous years. Virusis have a way of mutating into stronger strains and we can never know when that one person who becomes exposed and never catches the virus becomes a Typhoid Mary by spreading a mutated form of it. THis has happened in the past in other countries with flew strains like the bird flew and the swine flew

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

Scotsman Hosie (Mar 15, 2020), Toolmaker51 (Jun 3, 2022)

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,829 Times in 11,334 Posts
    It's fascinating to watch the different coverage and stats from different countries. There are so many ways to spin the numbers it's amazing. For example, if you under-test, your death rates look terrible. Test everyone you can, and your death rates look great. Comorbidities (did a patient die from corona, or because of heart disease?) and long hospitalization times (death from corona can take more than a month) are blurring the data.

I'm watching Italy as closely as I can. Modern nation, Western, well-rated healthcare system. Their fatality numbers are bad, and the anecdotal accounts we see on social media are piling up too high to dismiss.

Government's rational goal is to spread this out as long as possible, so that it's akin to just a very bad and very long flu. Corona is overwhelming healthcare systems, and hospitals are having to triage resources; specifically CPAPs, oxygen concentrators, ventilators, etc. That video we posted a while back, of China rapidly building additional hospitals, makes a lot of sense right now.

Individuals' rational goal is to protect themselves and their families, and that goal is conflicting with the government's messaging. For example, here is the NYC mayor claiming that an infected person can sneeze in your water glass, and you can drink it and not get infected. I'm not a virologist, but I know that when compared to larger and more established health authorities, this is a very unusual view. Note also how NY established a 1-mile "red zone" today, so the National Guard can "help" people. I'm happy about these efforts to control infection, but I know that it's an American way of attempting to present a quarantine in a culturally-palatable manner.

Supply chain issues are starting to surface, and will likely worsen. We may see this impact our hobby.

Corona cases outside of China are increasing exponentially.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,788 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    It's fascinating to watch the different coverage and stats from different countries. There are so many ways to spin the numbers it's amazing. For example, if you under-test, your death rates look terrible. Test everyone you can, and your death rates look great. Comorbidities (did a patient die from corona, or because of heart disease?) and long hospitalization times (death from corona can take more than a month) are blurring the data.

I'm watching Italy as closely as I can. Modern nation, Western, well-rated healthcare system. Their fatality numbers are bad, and the anecdotal accounts we see on social media are piling up too high to dismiss.

Government's rational goal is to spread this out as long as possible, so that it's akin to just a very bad and very long flu. Corona is overwhelming healthcare systems, and hospitals are having to triage resources; specifically CPAPs, oxygen concentrators, ventilators, etc. That video we posted a while back, of China rapidly building additional hospitals, makes a lot of sense right now.

Individuals' rational goal is to protect themselves and their families, and that goal is conflicting with the government's messaging. For example, here is the NYC mayor claiming that an infected person can sneeze in your water glass, and you can drink it and not get infected. I'm not a virologist, but I know that when compared to larger and more established health authorities, this is a very unusual view. Note also how NY established a 1-mile "red zone" today, so the National Guard can "help" people. I'm happy about these efforts to control infection, but I know that it's an American way of attempting to present a quarantine in a culturally-palatable manner.

<video controls autoplay loop>
    <source src="https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmt-forum/deblasio_coronavirus_surface_contamination.mp4" type="video/mp4">
    Your browser does not support the video tag.
    </video>

Supply chain issues are starting to surface, and will likely worsen. We may see this impact our hobby.

Corona cases outside of China are increasing exponentially.

In response to this. While I nor anyone else apparently has all of the true specifics of the corona virus at this time I do know first hand that viruses bacteria and germs in general can live for years outside the body. the Anthrax bacteria can lay dormant in the soil for a very long time. and diseases that effect dogs such as parvo The Canine Parvovirus can last in soil several months and even a year or years when conditions are favorable for the virus to survive. Parvo is hearty and can survive snow, ice and extreme heat. And can effect small children as well.
    here is an excerpt copy from the mayo clinic regarding cold and flu viruses in general

old and flu virus-laden droplets may remain infectious for several hours, depending on where they fall. Viruses generally remain active longer on stainless steel, plastic and similar hard surfaces than on fabric and other soft surfaces. Other factors, such as the amount of virus deposited on a surface and the temperature and humidity of the environment, also determine how long cold and flu viruses stay active outside the body.

It's possible to catch the flu or a cold after handling an object an infected person sneezed or coughed on a few moments ago. But personal contact with an infected person — such as a handshake or breathing in droplets from a cough or sneeze — is the most common way these viruses spread.
    The best way to avoid becoming infected with a cold or flu virus is to wash your hands frequently with soap and water or with an alcohol-based sanitizer. Also avoid touching your nose, mouth and eyes or biting your nails
    Now then does any of this mean that the corona virus can survive and remain contagious for long periods of time? I think we just don't know it has apparently been around for a very, very long time, but In 2019, a dangerous new strain called SARS-CoV-2 started circulating, causing the disease COVID-19.
    Covid-19 or corona virus is believed to have come from bats
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Supporting Member Scotsman Hosie's Avatar
    Thanks

Scotsman Hosie's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    We make a lot of jokes about the corona virus here in the US ...with flew strains like the bird flew and the swine flew
    And in Italy it was a case of the wind blew – and the **** flew.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,981 Times in 1,893 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Some folks easily avoided affliction; they ignored media and followed common sense.
    And now, two plus years later, those absorbed by intentional mental overdose, still drive around alone, windows up and masked. Indoors 6' is good...

Oh, the looks when asked about being jabbed; You mean the vaccine and boosters where second line of defense is soap or sanitizer?
    No, of course not.
    And no, I'm neither anti-vax or conspiracy researcher. Hard to ignore, there still isn't 1000 adverse reactions to many previous vaccines, over decades.

The methods of attacking viruses was researched many places, heavily facilitated by electron-microscopes. One of them right here in Kansas City; early as 2007...

Meanwhile see to it the GIF is forwarded to border czar; clearly demonstrates each function of wall and door.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thread Information