Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Pulling gauze from a horse's nose - GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,712 Times in 9,874 Posts

Pulling gauze from a horse's nose - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

nova_robotics (Sep 17, 2022)

Thanks

WmRMeyers's Tools
    The poor horsey!

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Thanked 8,787 Times in 4,206 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by WmRMeyers View Post
    The poor horsey!
    Yes, and the $64,000.00 question is how did a whole roll of gauze manage to get in its nose in the first place?
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,144 Times in 617 Posts

nova_robotics's Tools

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by nova_robotics View Post
    Ok, this guy obviously thinks he is a comedian, putting a roll of gauze in his mouth then unrolling it as part of his comedy act.

Thanks

WmRMeyers's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    Yes, and the $64,000.00 question is how did a whole roll of gauze manage to get in its nose in the first place?
    I expect someone put it up there to stop a nosebleed. And that was at least 3 rolls, just from as long as I could stand to watch the video. You could see the tails hanging down from where they tied two rolls together. I've suffered nosebleeds quite a bit in my life, though it seems to be tapering off now that I'm getting older. Though I suppose it's possible that the blood doesn't get up that far anymore. Grandfather had one once that was sooo baddd the doctors cauterized the bleed! Horses have a LOT of nasal cavity. Might not have been possible to cauterize, or it may have been a home treatment... Vets are expensive!

Bill

8. The Following User Says Thank You to WmRMeyers For This Useful Post:

Frank S (Sep 18, 2022)

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by WmRMeyers View Post
    I expect someone put it up there to stop a nosebleed. And that was at least 3 rolls, just from as long as I could stand to watch the video. You could see the tails hanging down from where they tied two rolls together. I've suffered nosebleeds quite a bit in my life, though it seems to be tapering off now that I'm getting older. Though I suppose it's possible that the blood doesn't get up that far anymore. Grandfather had one once that was sooo baddd the doctors cauterized the bleed! Horses have a LOT of nasal cavity. Might not have been possible to cauterize, or it may have been a home treatment... Vets are expensive!

Bill
    Know all about how expensive a vet can be. While I will avoid going to a dr. for myself unless something is leaking that I can't stop or a bone sticking out of the skin where it shouldn't.
    My animals on the other hand are a different story I don't mind paying for a ranch call as our vet calls it, rather than having to load one of them and haul them the 45 miles to him. but right now I don't have any large animals so the dogs get privileged rides once a year instead of getting their treatments when he makes his rounds through the area's ranches.
    Not much of a horse guy, only ever owned 1 but fairly certain it thought he owned me. It was a wild free range painted yearling colt I found that had stumbled and fell in a ravine. nothing broken but severally cut and banged up from the tumble would have surely died there had we not found it and managed to drag it up out of the gully. By the time it was 3 through 6 years old that pony had a blanket and a hackamore on him more than not never put a saddle on him and never had a bit in his mouth

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information