Quote Originally Posted by Unkle Fuzzy View Post
While the Chinese do execute those who accept graft in exchange for looking the other way when defective products come in, the graft still seems worth the risk to some officials.

In some cases it's just plain ignorance.
Yeah I have to agree. Just like here. If you are well connected enough you can get away with murder. Literally.

But I also know factory workers that are seriously wealthy that work really hard to keep their factories up to the rather strict safety and fire regulations. There is a simple rule in China. If your negligence causes death of employees you pat for it with your life. They don't fool around. Same goes for environmental regulations. I have worked in one area for 11 years. In that time span they went from pretty much free reign and get away with murder environmentally speaking to seriously tightened up as good as Europe regulations for effluent coming out of the factory. Most of you guys are my age plus a few decades. I'm in my 50's. In your lifetimes what were the environmental rules until fairly recently? I can remember The Love Canal and in Canada similar environmental catastrophes. We all have to short of a memory for what is not so good. That crazy country called China has come a very long way in the last 20 years.