Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Re-Purposing a Headboard

Supporting Member Downeast Thunder's Avatar
    Thanks

Downeast Thunder's Tools

Re-Purposing a Headboard

My desk is no longer used for typical office work, but is now a craft bench. The problem is no storage space to put tools, paints, materials, and other supplies. This results in a total mess when multiple projects are in various stages.

I planned on building something to remedy the situation. I mentioned this to my wife Susan, and she suggested I re-purpose an old headboard we had in storage but really had no use for. I had completely forgotten about the headboard, but it made perfect sense.

The headboard was designed and fabricated by me over 30 years ago. It was designed for a single bed, and features a combination of small drawers and shelf space, along with a few "cubbies." This headboard served the purpose well, way back when. For the past few years though, there has been no need for it, and it has been just taking up valuable space, collecting dust.

In this video, you'll see how the headboard was transformed into a unit that sits on the desk, and makes a perfect place for all the items I use in craft projects. The desk now displays a bit of order, and allows more space to work in.

The wood that I trimmed off of the headboard in order to make the transformation is perfectly good, and will be reused at some point in another project. Our "Mantra" here at Downeast Thunder Farm is: "Re-use, Re-purpose, Re-cycle." My personal favorite quote is: "Waste not, want not."

What do you have kicking around your home, not being used, and just taking up space - collecting dust? How could it be reused or re-purposed? Maybe it can be recycled?

Please subscribe, Like, and share this video.

Visit my Downeast Thunder Creations web site, where you will find pictures, videos, and stories about other projects, and several free plans/drawings for the DIY folks - all in pdf format. More videos also found on my Downeast Thunder Creations Youtube channel.

Follow us on Facebook @DowneastThunderCreations
    and Twitter @DowneastThunder

Visit Susan's blog about what goes on around our farm/homestead along "The Bold Coast" of Downeast Maine: Downeast Thunder Farm | Our Little Patch of Woods in Downeast Maine

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Downeast Thunder Creations
    http://www.downeastthunder.com
    Shoestring Shipyard
    http://www.shoestringshipyard.com
    Downeast Thunder Creations Youtube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUU...pKFwXTYQ57ex3g

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Downeast Thunder For This Useful Post:

Tuomas (Nov 17, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,839 Times in 507 Posts

Tuomas's Tools
    Good idea!

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tuomas For This Useful Post:

Downeast Thunder (Nov 18, 2017)

Thread Information