Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Roofers working during snowstorm - GIF

Thanks

Floradawg's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    You're not supposed to look at it as giving the government money in the form of insurance rates although that is largely where a lot of the monies of the premiums are dispersed, between the government the corporate execs and stockholders. The premiums are supposed to be invested to create large pools of funding to be paid out in the event of accidents. The government's involvement in anything and everything is supposed to be secret in order to perpetuate the wealth of the ruling elite.
    The government's involvement in anything and everything also often is disastrous.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.

Thanks
    The government doesn't get that money, the insurance company does. Here in California, Workers Comp has more scam payouts with the judge's approval than legitimate claims. Or did when my contractors' license was active.
    I would NEVER have taken on a job like that, but that's just me.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

piper184's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by EnginePaul View Post
    The government doesn't get that money, the insurance company does. Here in California, Workers Comp has more scam payouts with the judge's approval than legitimate claims. Or did when my contractors' license was active.
    In our state the "insurance company" IS the government. Oh they have a cutesie name and like the illusionist on stage uses mis-direction to confuse the public, they are in fact a full blown government agency. Government phone numbers, government email addresses, government paychecks and benefits. The public would have balked at higher taxes to hand out "benefits" to the claimants so the politicians came up with a way to buy votes without jacking up taxes. They collect "insurance premiums" from businesses by force but don't call it a tax. And those on the receiving end out number those on the paying end. Then they wonder why they don't make more money.....

BTW, I would fire any contractor that attempted to put shingles up in those temps. Good way to damage the shingle and too cold to properly "glue" down before the hard spring winds tear them off the roof. Sure wish you could buy locking tab shingles as mine are more than 30 years old and starting to show their age. Not at all excited about replacing them with an inferior product. Sigh....
    Last edited by piper184; Feb 21, 2022 at 03:10 PM.

Thanks

Floradawg's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by EnginePaul View Post
    I wasn't implying that they do. I was just making a comparison.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.

Thread Information