Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Root canal treatment training - GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,884 Times in 9,939 Posts

Root canal treatment training - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

nova_robotics (Sep 4, 2023), piper184 (Sep 4, 2023)

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Rorschach's Tools
    Ok so I am never having that done.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Thanked 8,793 Times in 4,211 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    Ok so I am never having that done.
    don't say never. the Army experimental teeth grinders decided I had a mouth full of cavities that my dentist of just 6 months before had told me there were none. which he hadn't taken care of. Anyway the enamel drill team drilled and amalgamed at least 1 and sometimes as many as 3 holes in nearly every tooth in my mouth. A few years later I started having problems fillings would fall out get replaced cavities would develop under the fillings toothaches and abscesses brought on numerous root canals a couple crowned molars with gold, and some eventual extractions. Someday if I get desperate enough, I'm going to let a dental surgeon gas me and remove all remaining pieces then get some new chompers implanted
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Rorschach's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    don't say never. the Army experimental teeth grinders decided I had a mouth full of cavities that my dentist of just 6 months before had told me there were none. which he hadn't taken care of. Anyway the enamel drill team drilled and amalgamed at least 1 and sometimes as many as 3 holes in nearly every tooth in my mouth. A few years later I started having problems fillings would fall out get replaced cavities would develop under the fillings toothaches and abscesses brought on numerous root canals a couple crowned molars with gold, and some eventual extractions. Someday if I get desperate enough, I'm going to let a dental surgeon gas me and remove all remaining pieces then get some new chompers implanted
    Yikes!

At the moment I have no fillings, I am going to do my best to keep it that way but if it ever gets bad enough to require a root canal then I will just have the tooth pulled, I likely couldn't afford the RC anyway.

Thanks

NeiljohnUK's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    School dentists, paid by the filling/extraction, were like that in the 1960's UK, some of my teeth were so damaged my family dental surgeon had to extract them. Removal however isn't always without it's issues, one wisdom tooth I had a problem with was shattered as it was partially extracted 5 years ago, some remains to this day, but as I have 'hook' roots my dentist won't attempt further removal having killed the nerves in the tooth it's a case of allowing nature to take it's course. My father had some pretty awful dental experiences during WW2 with the army dentists, he had a total clearance done 40 years later and dentures for the last 10 years of his life, I hope I don't need the same some day.

Thanks
    A root canal means turning a live tooth into a dead tooth. The tooth will be cut off and isolated from the body control room sensors, actuators, and feeders. If the tooth loses its enamel from erosion, there is no way for the body to know that so it takes a proper repair action. The Pharmaceutical Industry doesn't create cures, they create customers.

"Everyone has a physician inside him or her; we just have to help it in its work. The natural healing force within each one of us is the greatest force in getting well. Our food should be our medicine. Our medicine should be our food. But to eat when you are sick is to feed your sickness." - Hippocrates

Thanks
    The dentist who did mine should watch this. This was about 15 years ago I was having pain so went to dentist who referred me to an endontist my appointment was for 11:30 and I got there at 11:15 and the dentist said to his assistant "We will be out of here by 12:00!"
    After numbing me up he started drilling and removing the root he was very aggressive in his work when I heard him say "Oh S**T" he had broken off the burr in the tooth.
    A few months later the pain came back and I went to a different dentist when he took the x-ray he said I needed an apicoectomy because there was a broken burr in the canal.
    I said that does not sound plesant.
    The way its done is they cut thru the gum and do the root canal from the root end.
    Ehen he got done not only did first dentist leave in the broken burr he had drilled thru the root end!
    Almost all of the ones I have had done needed to be retreated except the first one I had done fifty years ago, (that one took three trips to have it done) no problems with that one.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information